#1 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

http://www.baltimore...,0,171210.story

For idiots like Vinny Cerrato who beat up on Joe for still
not holding private workouts with his receivers need to understand that you have to actually have receivers who are
available to do that. Some people don't give Joe credit for
never missing any of the Ravens voluntary workouts throughout his career. If Joe didn't get the big contract and he had a
monster year last season people like Cerrato wouldn't care about him not holding private workouts. Private workouts are
definitely important but it ultimately comes down to how you
perform on gameday, that's the most important thing fans should care about.

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

http://www.baltimore...,0,171210.story

For idiots like Vinny Cerrato who beat up on Joe for still
not holding private workouts with his receivers need to understand that you have to actually have receivers who are
available to do that. Some people don't give Joe credit for
never missing any of the Ravens voluntary workouts throughout his career. If Joe didn't get the big contract and he had a
monster year last season people like Cerrato wouldn't care about him not holding private workouts. Private workouts are
definitely important but it ultimately comes down to how you
perform on gameday, that's the most important thing fans should care about.

For me it goes back to his attitude straight out of college. He was more concerned about getting the deal done and getting to camp on time than he was about squeezing as much money as he could before taking a single NFL snap. Joe's been my guy since day one and he's still my guy.

#3 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

For me it goes back to his attitude straight out of college. He was more concerned about getting the deal done and getting to camp on time than he was about squeezing as much money as he could before taking a single NFL snap. Joe's been my guy since day one and he's still my guy.

That's the same way I've always seen Joe, he's just
a good blue collar guy who wants to be the best he
possibly can be and I just can't understand why
certain people don't embrace him more. By the way
how are things with you?

#4 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

That's the same way I've always seen Joe, he's just
a good blue collar guy who wants to be the best he
possibly can be and I just can't understand why
certain people don't embrace him more. By the way
how are things with you?

Couldn't be better, bra. Thanks for asking.

(Heck...I even had a civil exchange with Bmore_Ken in a different thread. How much better does it get than that?!)

And you? Things working themselves out, slowly but surely?

#5 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Couldn't be better, bra. Thanks for asking.

(Heck...I even had a civil exchange with Bmore_Ken in a different thread. How much better does it get than that?!)

And you? Things working themselves out, slowly but surely?

What? you and BMore_Ken actually had a civil exchange? I just felt a chill come up from the ground, hell must have frozen over LOL. I'm doing
much better these days, trying to stay focused and strong. I'm glad you're doing good man.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

What? you and BMore_Ken actually had a civil exchange? I just felt a chill come up from the ground, hell must have frozen over LOL. I'm doing
much better these days, trying to stay focused and strong. I'm glad you're doing good man.

LOL.

Keep on keepin on!!

#7 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

From what I've heard about the great Johnny U ,Flacco demeanor wise is as close to him as you would get from a modern era QB

#8 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,854 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

It's real easy for these reporters to sit on their arse and say this or that without ever having been there. Joe is Joe, it is what it is. I'll take it that way too..
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

Whoa. DColemen. LTNS.

#10 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

I recall Harbaugh sarcastically referring to the offseason workout idea with receivers. Something like; "yeah, I heard he was sending texts.."

I agree though that at the end it doesn't matter. He either is going to rebound this year or add more fuel to the fire for his detractors. Last season was terrible for the offense. The line was terrible, Ray Rice...there is something wrong with him, no Pitta, no Boldin, etc.

This is another year - the best thing Flacco can do is have a great year. He can't put up the kind of performance he did last year. If there seems to be a lack of chemistry then it will give credence to Vinny Cerrato's accusations. 

Edited by West Chester Raven, 07 April 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#11 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I think too much is made about getting together in the offseason and throwing the ball around. Joe is always at the non-mandatory OTA's every year and doesn't miss training camp days. I also think it would be difficult to practice an offense they have yet to speak to the coach about. Peyton can have his summer camps every year and in the playoffs he will not perform. We see how great these workouts helped Mark Sanchez.

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

I think too much is made about getting together in the offseason and throwing the ball around. Joe is always at the non-mandatory OTA's every year and doesn't miss training camp days. I also think it would be difficult to practice an offense they have yet to speak to the coach about. Peyton can have his summer camps every year and in the playoffs he will not perform. We see how great these workouts helped Mark Sanchez.

Excellent point about not even knowing the coach's plans or expectations for the offense. It's not like following up on Cameron or even Caldwell's offenses that were already familiar. This is totally different. And if there's one player the Ravens DON'T have to worry about, it's Joe. He's never missed time due to contract holdouts, or injuries.

#13 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Excellent point about not even knowing the coach's plans or expectations for the offense. It's not like following up on Cameron or even Caldwell's offenses that were already familiar. This is totally different. And if there's one player the Ravens DON'T have to worry about, it's Joe. He's never missed time due to contract holdouts, or injuries.

True on both counts. Its a new season, new offense (we assume) and expectations are high.

#14 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Whoa. DColemen. LTNS.

Well once again Vinny Cerrato takes things to another level, he is now accusing Joe of not being
passionate at all about football. He admits that he
doesn't know Joe very well but claims to know what
he's doing. He also said that Joe did nothing far as
any kind of offseason workouts, so I guess it was a
mirage that Joe was at OTAs and training camps. Explain to me this how is that Ray Lewis got a pass
every year for missing voluntary workouts but Joe
going to every Ravens offseason workout still isn't
enough for some people?

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,953 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Well once again Vinny Cerrato takes things to another level, he is now accusing Joe of not being
mirage that Joe was at OTAs and training camps. Explain to me this how is that Ray Lewis got a pass
enough for some people?

It's a double standard. Plain and simple.

#16 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

It's a double standard. Plain and simple.

Exactly and I'm a huge Ray Lewis fan considering the
fact that I'm using one of his nicknames as my member name on this board. There were also times
when Ray would duck the media, Joe speaks to the
media no matter what kind of game he and the team
had. I guess according to Cerrato we should expect
to see a fat and out of shape Joe and ignore Aaron
Wilson's assessment in the article that Joe appears
lean and fit. Cerrato keeps saying that Joe should have got back to work as soon as the season ended,
the man suffered a sprained MCL and was lucky he didn't suffer more serious injuries. I'm pretty sure
Joe needed a little more time to get his body and
mind right for this upcoming season, the man took a
beating. Why isn't he and the other Flacco haters calling out the Oline for not working hard? Jah Reid, Ray Rice and Deonte Thompson all get arrested
but lets pick on the guy who has had a nice peaceful
offseason with his family and has never got into
trouble off the field. I'm trying to be calm about this but every year someone tries to find a whole new way to attack Joe, will it ever end? In my opinion no.

#17 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61,049 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

What? you and BMore_Ken actually had a civil exchange? I just felt a chill come up from the ground, hell must have frozen over LOL.

what you talkin' 'bout Willis?  :D   OCF and I can get along. As long as I agree with everything he says without question and recognize him as the ultimate authority on all things NFL :D  :P  :lol:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#18 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

what you talkin' 'bout Willis? :D OCF and I can get along. As long as I agree with everything he says without question and recognize him as the ultimate authority on all things NFL :D :P :lol:

So that's the secret behind it LOL

#19 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

enough for some people?

Ray Lewis was an All Pro and one of the best players ever to play his position. He was the heart and soul of the team. The same can't be said for Joe, although he is a good QB. That's the difference - and it is a huge difference. I can't even believe that is a serious question. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users