• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Fourth straight game with a homer? Really? Something is fishy. http://mlb.mlb.com/m...p_home&c_id=tor
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#2 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,771 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

He's not even leading in HR's....

Also, Braun hit 3 in one game!  :D

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm curious who the pitchers were that he hit off of. I see it was Oberholtzer last night. but the other 3 games were against NYY.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

It's not fair to assume that Melky or Braun are still on PEDs.

Players who have been caught face much tougher penalties if they get caught a second time. Plus they get tested more often than players who haven't been caught. And after Biogenesis, the MLB has shown that they can suspend players even if they haven't failed a PED test.

Both Melky and Braun are just good ball players with or without PEDs

Edited by soulflower, 09 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,225 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Players who have been caught face much tougher penalties if they get caught a second time. Plus they get tested more often than players who haven't been caught. And after Biogenesis, the MLB has shown that they can suspend players even if they haven't failed a PED test.

I agree. They'd have to be the dumbest humans on the planet to take that risk after getting popped once

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#6 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,771 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Some might say Braun has been caught a second time...

#7 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Some might say Braun has been caught a second time...

I agree. I think he should've got the same penalty as A-Rod who technically had no prior offenses because the 2003 drug testing didn't count. 

#8 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Melky hits .346, and the Giants go to the World Series buoyed by numerous wins he helped them to, and he gets rewarded with a two year contract. I'm tired of shady people making millions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.

#9 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

I'm tired of shady people making millions.

Then maybe you shouldn't follow pro sports

#10 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Then maybe you shouldn't follow pro sports

Thank you for telling me. You have made a phenomenal point. I will post this comment in my Mensan blog.

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,225 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thank you for telling me. You have made a phenomenal point. I will post this comment in my Mensan blog.

Hey you made the statement  :D

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Chris Davis looks thinner and less muscular to me this year.  No homeruns yet......hmmmmm.

#13 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Chris Davis looks thinner and less muscular to me this year.  No homeruns yet......hmmmmm.

if Davis wasn't with the O's, I doubt I would know this about him. the guy was known for his monster shots all through the minors. if he was caught juicing, I would be totally shocked. there are very few players who I would bet money that they don't use PEDs. Griffey Jr is one, Davis is another. 50 HRs a year isn't something that players repeat from season to season (except the guys who are known juicers). I had no expectation that he would hit another 50. I'm sure he'll hit ~35.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#14 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

if Davis wasn't with the O's, I doubt I would know this about him. the guy was known for his monster shots all through the minors. if he was caught juicing, I would be totally shocked. there are very few players who I would bet money that they don't use PEDs. Griffey Jr is one, Davis is another. 50 HRs a year isn't something that players repeat from season to season (except the guys who are known juicers). I had no expectation that he would hit another 50. I'm sure he'll hit ~35.

Didn't Griffey have back to back 50HR seasons? It sounds like you're trying to have it both ways. Griffey Jr, like Bonds, didn't really need to juice and his career didn't last as long as Bonds' because he didn't use PEDs. 

I'm more suspicious of the mediocre players who out of nowhere have a awesome seasons and then drop back to Earth the next few years(ie Brady Anderson). I don't think Davis falls into that category. He has always shown he can hit for power.  

Edited by soulflower, 11 April 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,387 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

Didn't Griffey have back to back 50HR seasons? It sounds like you're trying to have it both ways. Griffey Jr, like Bonds, didn't really need to juice and his career didn't last as long as Bonds' because he didn't use PEDs. 

I'm more suspicious of the mediocre players who out of nowhere have a awesome seasons and then drop back to Earth the next few years(ie Brady Anderson). I don't think Davis falls into that category. He has always shown he can hit for power.  

my main point is that it's unusual for a player to regularly hit 50 HRs a year. and those who have done it are confirmed juicers. also, I just looked up his stats, and Griffey had 4 years in a row where he hit ~50 HRs. 

I agree with you on all your points

#16 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm hoping that Davises season is the opposite of was it was last year. I hope he finishes this season as hot as he did started last year

#17 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

To this point, he looks like a different hitter. He still has the power, but I think he's going to hit for a higher average over the season, with fewer homers. In truth, actually looks like a better hitter far. That has to be one of the prettiest swings in baseball.

#18 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

To this point, he looks like a different hitter. He still has the power, but I think he's going to hit for a higher average over the season, with fewer homers. In truth, actually looks like a better hitter far. That has to be one of the prettiest swings in baseball.

Melky has never been a power hitter. More of a doubles hitter

#19 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,580 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

ESPN columnist Buster Olney is catching criticism for suggesting that Melky is cheating again

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=mlb

#20 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

People looked at last season and figured out how to pitch to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users