• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beasley1915

beasley1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Glad to see he is doing well. I was giving him hell earlier in the season when he was struggling but if he continues to improve and they move him over to 2nd when machado returns this could b a special lineup

#2 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Glad to see he is doing well. I was giving him hell earlier in the season when he was struggling but if he continues to improve and they move him over to 2nd when machado returns this could b a special lineup

I've been saying this for about 2 weeks.

I'm willing to tolerate some rookie mistakes but I think Schoop should stay at the mlb level. He brings so much more to the plate than Flaherty.

Flahtery or Pearce need to go. My sense is that it is Pearce.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

He's young, cost controlled, and he can hit.  Nothing not to like.  He looks like an ideal #2 hitter in the future.

The kids are alright.

#4 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

He's young, cost controlled, and he can hit.  Nothing not to like.  He looks like an ideal #2 hitter in the future.

He apparently also has some power which we haven't seen too much of yet.

#5 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yes, he has caused the Orioles to have a "good" problem.  When Manny comes back we have 4 players for 3 spots.  Before season started second base was a black hole, now we have both Schoop and Lombardozzi that can be plugged in there on a regular basis.  The other upside is that is sure looks like Schoop can be a good third baseman as well.  I've always said that with his size, arm and developing power he projects really well at third.  Again a nice problem to have when you have one of the best already there.  I think it's become clear that Flaherty is best suited to a super sub role.  He can't hit LH pitching at all, but his glove is excellent.

#6 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,906 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'm probably in the minority here. He has done well, but he should go down to refine some of his skills, then be brought up later in the year. The O's have Lombardozzi, who has been quietly very good and at the center of a lot of the O's rallies.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#7 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

I'm probably in the minority here. He has done well, but he should go down to refine some of his skills, then be brought up later in the year. The O's have Lombardozzi, who has been quietly very good and at the center of a lot of the O's rallies.

I don't disagree with this.  He should play everyday at Norfolk at third base.  Lombo seems to have a grip on second.  Give Schoop two months at Norfolk and then see where we are in early July.  It's not out of the question that Duquette will be hearing offers for Hardy at this point.  If we are desperate for a starter and there is no chance for Hardy to come back who knows. 

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

he really surprised everyone this spring. I don't think anyone in the FO expected him to do well enough to make the team. but I suspect his season will go a little differently than you suggested. I see him improving at the plate, to the point that the league takes notice. they'll adjust to find his weakness, he'll struggle, then he'll be sent down for the rest of the year. maybe he'll be a Sept call up, but unless he has an amazing response to the league's adjustment to him, he's likely to need some more seasoning. but it will be more of a benefit if he's sent because he struggled, rather than sent down just to make room on the roster. I think it will give him more determination if it's not just a procedural move.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users