Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmore_ken

Rolando McClain Retires.........Again

9 posts in this topic

Rolando McClain is walking away from football again.

The 24-year-old linebacker has reportedly decided to retire again, according to ESPN’s Seth Wickersham.

The decision comes just four days after the Ravens reinstated McClain from the reserve/retired list, allowing him to participate in the voluntary offseason program that opened Monday.

"I gotta follow my heart," McClain reportedly wrote to Wickersham in a text. "It ain't football. If football made me complete I would play. But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason. ... This means I'm done."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-2/Rolando-McClain-Says-Hes-Done-With-Football/518e4e47-06d3-4ae9-b84a-30e9f9df7e73?mobile-id=820717&media-type=N

Good. He was an accident waiting to happen

I was wondering why the Ravens even gave this clown the courtesy of a phone call when he said he wanted to come back.  I guess it was only because they had absolutely nothing to lose by seeing if he was serious and what shape he was in.  But I wouldn't want him on my team.  He's one of the biggest head cases out there.  Good riddance.  Stay retired this time, will ya?

I was wondering why the Ravens even gave this clown the courtesy of a phone call when he said he wanted to come back.  I guess it was only because they had absolutely nothing to lose by seeing if he was serious and what shape he was in.  But I wouldn't want him on my team.  He's one of the biggest head cases out there.  Good riddance.  Stay retired this time, will ya?

Well...I heard he'd been working out with Cody and had gotten himself into some kind of shape.

Oh, wait...

N/M.

;)

I think the Ravens figured they had nothing to lose in at least trying out a long shot for next to nothing. Maybe Ozzie also wanted to lend a hand to a troubled young Alabama guy. It is a blessing he (Rolando) realized it wasn't happening. It would have been a waste of time and effort. The guy may have had the tools, but lacking the head and the heart, it's a lost cause. A guy with lesser tools and tremendous head and heart can make it work, but the opposite is a recipe for failure.

I respect the guy.  He could have tried to make it work, but he realized playing was just not for him anymore.  If he finds more fulfillment coaching or getting his degree or doing whatever he wants to do next, then I think that has to be commended.