19 replies to this topic

#1 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Sunday vs. the Bengals then four days later Thursday vs. the Steelers - whew. The season starts off with a trial (for the team and for the fans as well).

Then the last four weeks seem relatively easy.

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 7 – vs. Bengals, 1 p.m.
Week 2: Thursday, Sept. 11 – vs. Steelers, 8:25 (CBS)
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 21 – at Browns, 1 p.m.
Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 28 – vs. Panthers, 1 p.m.
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 5 – at Colts, 1 p.m.
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 12 – at Buccaneers, 1 p.m.
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 19 – vs. Falcons, 1 p.m.
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 26 – at Bengals, 1 p.m.
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 2 – at Steelers, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 9 – vs. Titans, 1 p.m.
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 16 – BYE
Week 12: Monday, Nov. 24 – at Saints, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Week 13: Sunday, Nov. 30 – vs. Chargers, 1 p.m.
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 7 – at Dolphins, 1 p.m.
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 14 – vs. Jaguars, 1 p.m.
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 21 – at Texans, 1 p.m.
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 28 – vs. Browns, 1 p.m.

link to Ravens' site

#2 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,925 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Finally, no Bengals in Week 17.

We had played them 4 straight years in Week 17, 3 of them in a row on the road in Cincy.

#3 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

2 - 0 in the first week, sounds pretty good to me. :)

Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#4 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

That end stretch looks pretty sweet. Those are five very win-able games.

Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,654 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

No Denver or NE, I guess there are benefits to an 8-8 finish.  MNF @ New Orleans definitely sucks.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Finally, no Bengals in Week 17.

We had played them 4 straight years in Week 17, 3 of them in a row on the road in Cincy.

Funny...I see it the exact opposite. Last year so many playoff spots boiled down to the last game of the season. It kept so many teams' fans engaged. This year...at least for the Ravens...not so much.

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

I think the schedule can be looked at either way.  On the plus side an incredible opportunity to get up on your main competition by going 2-0 out of the gate.  On the other hand, going 1-1 leaves either Pit or Cincy having a win and the second game at home.  Losing to both would be disasterous.   No matter what, they finish with both by week 9.  So after week 9 you better have a lead on your rivals because if you are behind and don't own the tie breaker it's a tough challenge to surpass either of them with no games left at the end.  I like having late rival division games.  It keeps you in the mix.  This type of schedule can be a killer if you have a couple of early injuries or just don't quite gel until mid season.  By the time you get back to full strength or start to play well together, you might be in a hole with no way to climb out.   I also don't share the belief that the finish is all that easy.  After the bye is @Saints, Chargers, @Dolphins, Jags, @Texans, and Browns.  Yeah, I think the Jags and Browns are probably automatic wins but the rest of the games won't be that easy.  Chargers were not a bad team once they got it together last year, even beating Cincy on the road in the playoffs.  Dolphins are impossible to figure out, but they have enough talent to be decent.  And the Texans are my choice to be the Kansas City of this year, depending on what happens with their QB situation.  They simply collapsed last year.  But they are only two years removed from being a lot of peoples SB pick and they still have what should be a very punishing defense.  Throw in that I think Tampa will be much improved with Lovie Smith as coach and Atlanta can't be as bad or injured as last year and there aren't a lot of gimmes on that schedule.  Certainly a lot of potential winnable games, but not a cream puff schedule by any stretch.  Now if you want to see a team with somewhat of a cream puff schedule, look at New England.  I can only see a few games that they won't be favored by a TD or more. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#8 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

We could easily start out 0-5 this year if Harbaugh does not have this team ready. Harbaugh has his work cut out for him this year. Flacco has to come out strong and earn his money early. My pick is the Browns to surprise everyone this year and win the division. Three out of the last four games should be tough for us as well. 

Edited by RavingManiac, 25 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,786 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

We could easily start out 0-5 this year if Harbaugh does not have this team ready. Harbaugh has his work cut out for him this year. Flacco has to come out strong and earn his money early. My pick is the Browns to surprise everyone this year and win the division. Three out of the last four games should be tough for us as well. 

Well the Browns are there so 0-5 isn't likely IMO. It could be a rough first half though with 5 division games in the first 9 weeks

Edited by bmore_ken, 25 April 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#10 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

I just booked my hotel and plane ticket for the Monday night game in NOLA.

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,786 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

I just booked my hotel and plane ticket for the Monday night game in NOLA.

I'm working on that now. I was debating between that trip or one to Miami. I haven't been to NOLA since Katrina and I'm dying to see it

#12 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

The only negative is that the Superdome is such a dump.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,786 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

The only negative is that the Superdome is such a dump.

Not a big deal to me. The game will just be the side show for me. The Cajun food will be the main attraction

#14 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

There is a bar on Burgundy. (You have to pronounce it like the locals Bur-guuun-dee) Street that every Sunday shows every NFL game so there are little groups of people sitting around whatever TV there team is playing. It's some Irish name but you can't miss it. The last time I went down there for the Ravens we didn't even go to the stadium, we watched it in there.

#15 codefool

codefool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sure the start of the schedule looks tough, but the back end of the schedule in December gives them a good shot to become hot right when it really matters.

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,786 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Sure the start of the schedule looks tough, but the back end of the schedule in December gives them a good shot to become hot right when it really matters.

Let's hope it's not too late by then

#17 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

No disrespect intended but it's kinda hard to call games now, injuries and unexpected teams doing 180's is commonplace in the NFL now. Who knows the Browns could be surprisingly good, the Steelers are always competitive especially when they play the Ravens.With that being said the game times and bye and prime time schd is favorable to the Ravens.

Edited by mcorioles, 26 April 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#18 JasonM

JasonM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

No disrespect intended but it's kinda hard to call games now, injuries and unexpected teams doing 180's is commonplace in the NFL now. Who knows the Browns could be surprisingly good, the Steelers are always competitive especially when they play the Ravens.With that being said the game times and bye and prime time schd is favorable to the Ravens.

Right, the most important thing about the release of the schedule is that fans can plan their travel for road games.  

But it's silly to have pundits/experts "breaking down" schedules in April (which I've already seen happen).  Teams haven't even drafted or gone through camp, they will look very different in September.  And remember last year.  No one (that I can think of) predicted that Houston would be the worst team in the league.  

#19 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Right, the most important thing about the release of the schedule is that fans can plan their travel for road games.  

But it's silly to have pundits/experts "breaking down" schedules in April (which I've already seen happen).  Teams haven't even drafted or gone through camp, they will look very different in September.  And remember last year.  No one (that I can think of) predicted that Houston would be the worst team in the league.  

The thing I look at is West Coast trips, when they're planned, and how the travel/jet lag might affect the team. Plus the end of the year implications when the Ravens have to play AFC North rivals. That almost always adds to the suspense, except this year, not so much.

Plus, sometimes the Ravens under Harbaugh have played to the level of their opponents, and actually played better against better opponents. So there's just no way in hell of knowing how it's all going to play out. (And I think playing against the Giants in 2012 actually helped the Ravens get prepared for the playoff run. Had it been a lesser team, it might not have had the same effect.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 26 April 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#20 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I would like that Tampa or New Orleans game.Might have to do that!
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users