Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,378 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Thought this should be on it's own thread:

As commissioner of this league, I have decided to implement a brand new rule for those who have missed picks.

I have invented the "Three Strikes You're Out" rule. With this new rule, a player who misses a week of pick's will automatically be given a default record of 5-10 for the week for a maximum of 3 missed weeks. After those 3 weeks have been used, the player will automatically be given an 0-15 record for the remainder of the season.

The new updated standings have been fixed with the new rule implemented. So those of you had a missed week and were previously given a record of 0-15, you have now been given a record of 5-10 for that missed week in the new standings.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I'll answer them in this thread.

Thanks again for playing!

#2 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,744 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Lol i like the rule

Are we able to foul off any
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#3 Stoneman

Stoneman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

One thought Rob - so that those missing a week don't score higher than those that submitted picks, how about they get a score equal to the worst record for that week?  That way they can not gain ground on anyone for not playing.

#4 Tootsie

Tootsie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

One thought Rob - so that those missing a week don't score higher than those that submitted picks, how about they get a score equal to the worst record for that week?  That way they can not gain ground on anyone for not playing.

Good point

#5 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,378 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Problem with that is, what if the worst record for the week is say 8-7. Does the person who missed the picks deserve a winning record for not picking?

#6 Stoneman

Stoneman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Problem with that is, what if the worst record for the week is say 8-7. Does the person who missed the picks deserve a winning record for not picking?

Agree, shouldn't get a winning record for missing a week.  So, 5-10, or the worse record for that week, whichever is worse?  

#7 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,378 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

I'd rather it be the 5-10 default record. 0-15 is hard to come back from so at least a 5-10 week keeps you in the running.

Next year, I will have to explore the missed picks rule completely. I just want to be fair.

Sometimes, this website won't let you post. And I don't think you should be punished for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users