• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 where's earl

where's earl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Based on last years standing the O's had the toughest schedule in April in all of baseball. without Manny, missing JJ for several games, Ubaldo stinking the joint up, and having Stinson vs. Patton in the pen are you happy, disappointed, or just satisfied with the month?

How much longer do you stick with Ubaldo, and Gonzalez before Gausman or even Britton move into the rotation?

Personally I am satisfied no team is to far ahead, but moving those 2 from the rotation is a problem I would make a move by mid May as long as Gausman continues to improve.  Ubaldo gave up 16 hrs all of last year and 5 this season , maybe OPACY is not suit him well.

Gonzalez I have more faith in, and would give him until mid June.

Show me a good loser in professional sports, and I'll show you an idiot." Leo Durocher
"I would rather beat the Yankees regularly than pitch a no hit game."
Bob Feller
"You win pennants in the off season when you build your teams with trades and free agents."
Earl Weaver

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,027 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

I'm happy with the team. as you mentioned, they had a really tough schedule. and they hung in there. Jimenez isn't leaving the starting rotation. he's being paid to be a starter, there's almost nothing that will change that. his history of being notoriously bad in April gives some folks comfort. I'm not one of them. I think he will improve, but I don't expect him to pitch like he did in the 2nd half of last season. I'm not worried about Gonzalez, I believe he'll be ok. I don't believe Britton can be a starter. let him prove me wrong. and Gausman hasn't shown any reason to believe he's ready to pitch for a contending team at the mlb level.

it's only been 1 month. seasons are not usually won or lost in April.    

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,238 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

2nd place after the 3-7 start they had in the first 10 games? I'll take it :)

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

very strange start of the season in the majors. Pitchers are dominating.

#5 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

I'm pleased. They actually have a winning record against the AL East, they're scoring runs without relying on the home run and the home runs will start coming. I like Hunter's demeanor on the mound. Weiters, as I predicted countless times over the last years, is finally coming into his own offensively. Markakis is much improved over last year. The Cruz signing seems brilliant. Machado's back and despite a first game where it seemed like his timing was off, seems ready to pick right back up again.

Once Davis is back, this team is going to be an offensive juggernaut.

#6 kelsey59

kelsey59

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

First place in the division, what else is there to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users