#1 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

Yes, it's early but the O's three game winning streak and the Yankees 14 inning loss to Tampa Bay just combined to put us in 1st place. Manny made a big contribution defensively and was on base when Cruz hit the home run. Jimenz actually spared the bullpen while the Yanks used every pitcher in their 14 inning loss. We're now three games above 500 and Machado is going to find his offensive groove. Doubles galore on the horizon.

And, the once absent homers are starting to show their faces.

This team is about to get on a roll

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,517 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

They'll go as far as their pitching takes them.  The question is how far that will be.

If they're battling for the division come July, I'll have my eye on guys like Cliff Lee.

The kids are alright.

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,392 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

They'll go as far as their pitching takes them.  The question is how far that will be.

If they're battling for the division come July, I'll have my eye on guys like Cliff Lee.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Lee comes to Baltimore. He's getting $25M this year and next year. even worse, he'll get $27.5M in 2016 if he pitches 200 innings in 2015. the 2016 buyout is $12.5M.

Ruban Amaro keeps resigning his aging players, so he isn't going into rebuild mode, even though everyone else thinks he should. he has too many declining players signed to bloated contracts. the only other scenario is if they trade him for ~mlb ready prospects, and eat a big chunk of his money. but to do that, the O's will need to give up a big package of prospects. and you know Ruban will start with Bundy & Gausman. not either, or...he'll want both.

never gonna happen.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Well...

That didn't last. I still think the team's about to go on a tear.

Shame we couldn't put up another 'w' today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users