• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hello Fellow and Lady Posters.  Didn't someone predict that Wieters would be the 2014 AL MVP and didn't several uninformed posters criticize said prediction in rather severe terms?  Please reference the Prediction Thread for details.

Apologies are being accepted from the non-believers.

#2 Tootsie

Tootsie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Last time I checked we are only 28 games into 162 game season

#3 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Last time I checked we are only 28 games into 162 game season

Madam Tootsie, your math is very impressive.  Wieters is on pace for about 30 homers, 110 RBI's, and a .350 BA.  Combine that with the O's first place finish in the AL East with 93 wins and you've got the MVP.

#4 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

This is idiotic.

If the MVP were decided today it would go to Abreu.

I'm as happy as anyone to see Weiters starting on what appears, finally, to be his breakout offensive year.

I've also been one of his staunchest defenders on this board and suggested, again correctly, that he was just entering his prime and we should expect that his best years are ahead of him.

He's going to have a very good year but the MVP talk is becoming ridiculous.

Edited by JoyinMudville, 03 May 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#5 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

This is idiotic.

If the MVP were decided today it would go to Abreu.

I'm as happy as anyone to see Weiters starting on what appears, finally, to be his breakout offensive year.

I've also been one of his staunchest defenders on this board and suggested, again correctly, that he was just entering his prime and we should expect that his best years are ahead of him.

He's going to have a very good year but the MVP talk is becoming ridiculous.

Dear Madame Joy,

Your prediction for MVP Wieters was .255, 22 HR, and 80-90 RBI's, hardly the prediction of a breakout year. 

Are you ready to dye your hair green and run naked through the streets of Brooklyn?  Are you ready to don the purple studded jock strap for the run down Padonia Road?  In the interest of the good (and bad) people of Brooklyn and Padonia Road, I'm prepared to allow you to withdraw your offers.

Hector the Predictor

#6 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Dear Madame Joy,

Your prediction for MVP Wieters was .255, 22 HR, and 80-90 RBI's, hardly the prediction of a breakout year. 

Are you ready to dye your hair green and run naked through the streets of Brooklyn?  Are you ready to don the purple studded jock strap for the run down Padonia Road?  In the interest of the good (and bad) people of Brooklyn and Padonia Road, I'm prepared to allow you to withdraw your offers.

Hector the Predictor

Wow, I guess I just haven't been paying attention. Has Wieters amassed more than 22 home runs and 90 RBI's already?

#7 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Ignore the attention getter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users