Now 0-4 with a 7.46 ERA

#2 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,445 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Another bargain bin deal...  ;)

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#3 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

It wasn't a bad move, and it's not like he's hurting the team at the ML level.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,445 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Just being a smart-***.  Too early to know which way it's going to go in the long run.  That said, not helping the team at the ML level isn't exactly beneficial either.  ;)  But hopefully he gets it together and contributes...

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#5 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

I hope he gets it together. We could sure use the help in the starting rotation.

#6 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

I am thinking it's a pretty big adjustment from Korean baseball to American baseball at the highest minor league level. I agree that it's too early to tell if he's going to be good or not. Let's hope he has good stuff.

#7 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

It certainly does suck!

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

during the time they were working on signing him, I really tried to pay attention and get as much info as I could. I was really curious about Suk, because I felt like DD was about to find another solid pitchers that no one else saw the value in. in all that time, the O's seemed non-committal about where he fit with the team. when he was sent down, I just figured it was for some seasoning in a MLB farm system. 

one thing I've learned about the minor leagues is that players aren't always there to put up great numbers and to win. it's possible that the O's are having him work on pitches that aren't fully developed yet. if so, that would account for his disappointing stats. or he may just not be MLB quality. one reason I don't think that's the case, is because there seemed to be a lot of hype around his being courted and signed. I can't imagine the O's dedicating PR money to that cause if DD didn't see enough in him. After all, they didn't promote Chen at all, and he's a solid #3 pitcher.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

And Wada ended up being hurt and a bust.

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

And Wada ended up being hurt and a bust.

I wouldn't say he was a bust. he had a major surgery that takes 2 years min. to really return from. he's with the Cub's AAA team now and has greats numbers through his 6 starts. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users