Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

Wieters most likely needs Tommy John

28 posts in this topic

Just tweeted by several prominent baseball reporters.  Going to see Dr. James Andrews tomorrow for elbow soreness, with a suspected torn UCL.

Sucks.

Yeah...

Although I just heard the announcers describe it as forearm soreness. Caleb Joseph is on his way to Tampa.

Fingers crossed.

hopefully Joseph can hit well and throw out runners.  Saw him last year with Bowie and he was looking good.  I'm sure the extra arms will come in handy while shopping for a better than average catcher.

Tough luck, hate to see anyone injured, but I do wonder how this, if true, will affect his efforts at the MVP Trophy. LOL ;)

Don't encourage him. And gads I'm saying this to you.

Why don't we wait for the doctor's report first instead of a panic attack.

Lol

Kiss the season good-bye if he needs the surgery now.

I think they can win without him but other guys (particularly Jones and Davis) would really need to step it up.

hopefully Joseph can hit well and throw out runners.  Saw him last year with Bowie and he was looking good.  I'm sure the extra arms will come in handy while shopping for a better than average catcher.

thanks for sharing, but I am not expecting much out of him. he's a ~28 yr old career minor leaguer. I can't imagine he'll have much to offer, or the O's would have already brought him up. they've gone though a string of back up catchers the last few years while he toiled in Frederick and Bowie.

but you never know.

Ole Hector will be around with his latest update prediction. He doesn't disappoint.

I'd almost take Old19fan over his shtick...he's one noxious weed.

Wow, 22 posts on this thread and 6 are about me.  You guys and ladies must really miss me.  Anyway, admit that you must be impressed that I'm the only participant in this esteemed (but shrinking) talk forum that foresaw the brilliant MVP calibre season that Wieters is producing.  Most of the gentlemen and ladies that participate in this forum are only capable of group-think and that's fine for the relatively unimaginative.  I'm proud to stand slightly apart from the group and offer independent points of view which have proven to be remarkably more accurate than the views of the group.

Please continuing to "ignore" while following my every thought.  A combination like that can only be the product of a "group."  Perhaps in the future, 6 out of 22 will grow to 10 out of 22.

Have a great day group and congratulations Matt on your fantastic and foreseeable season.

Wow, 22 posts on this thread and 6 are about me.  You guys and ladies must really miss me.  Anyway, admit that you must be impressed that I'm the only participant in this esteemed (but shrinking) talk forum that foresaw the brilliant MVP calibre season that Wieters is producing.  Most of the gentlemen and ladies that participate in this forum are only capable of group-think and that's fine for the relatively unimaginative.  I'm proud to stand slightly apart from the group and offer independent points of view which have proven to be remarkably more accurate than the views of the group.

Please continuing to "ignore" while following my every thought.  A combination like that can only be the product of a "group."  Perhaps in the future, 6 out of 22 will grow to 10 out of 22.

Have a great day group and congratulations Matt on your fantastic and foreseeable season.

Make that 7 out of 22. I've always been a fan of Weiter's for his leadership, but MVP?!?!? I think you're from the future!