Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Grade the Ravens draft

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Draft Grade (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Grade the Ravens draft

1. A- or better (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. B+ (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. B (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. B- (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. C+ (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

6. C (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

7. C- or worse (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Ok, winding down the draft.  What's your opinion?  :)

#2 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

I like the draft. No more running on the Ravens anytime you want. I hated seeing running backs having career days against the Ravens. This won't happen any longer

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Bad.

#4 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'm disappointed they did not address the OL with one of the top picks. I just cannot understand that. I gave them a C because they got a whole bunch of guys, but I can't really make sense of it. That was a cute move to trade a next year pick to get a WR finally at 218. Maybe they'll be able to pull a RT out at the end...

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm disappointed they did not address the OL with one of the top picks. I just cannot understand that. I gave them a C because they got a whole bunch of guys, but I can't really make sense of it. That was a cute move to trade a next year pick to get a WR finally at 218. Maybe they'll be able to pull a RT out at the end...

Somebody else posted that s/he thinks Eric Winston will be signed by the Ravens. Thoughts on Winston?

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Eric Winston would make me feel like they at least had a plan to fill that glaring need. I don't know a lot about him, and wonder if he is still a FA why that is? I wonder about him being president of the NFLPA; would seem to indicate his peers respect him as a person. How he run blocks and protects the QB is what feeds the bulldog, though.

#7 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

Eric Winston would make me feel like they at least had a plan to fill that glaring need. I don't know a lot about him, and wonder if he is still a FA why that is? I wonder about him being president of the NFLPA; would seem to indicate his peers respect him as a person. How he run blocks and protects the QB is what feeds the bulldog, though.

I know he had a rough time in KC because of an incident in which he defended his QB against obnoxious fans who did the same thing to Cassel that some Ravens fans did to Boller (cheered when he got injured). The next year, he was gone. I'm not sure what happened in Arizona. He was there last year on a 1 year lease and they chose not to retain his services.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 10 May 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#8 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

You guys need to chill on the O line. Ozzie will get a stop gap that will be released that still has a year or two left that will be decent.why draft a right tackle when all the good ones in their opinion are gone, then you guys would be *****ing they reached.

The O line EXCEPT for RT is set and looks ok to me .Monroe ,Osemele Yanda Zutta and at RT like I said probably a pick up veteran, possibly Winston.

BTW the Ravens have the 2 nd most playoff wins [15] behind only the Pats [19] and 2 SB victories since 2000. Ozzie May not be perfect in the draft,who is? But he brings in enough consistent talent to win as the above statistic shows.

Edited by mcorioles, 11 May 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#9 dmac43

dmac43

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Until camp starts, we the fans don't know, nor should we, what Oz and the front office has planned.

The draft picks that we got were all very talented players with solid upside.

These guys know what they are doing, I don't see any reason to doubt them.

#10 NICEVILLE RAVENSFAN

NICEVILLE RAVENSFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

Take it easy gang. Ozzie knows what he's doing a whole lot better than any of us. I have short shrift with people who play the "if or what if" game. What if Dallas hadn't drafted Martin with the 16th pick or if we'd have picked HaHa instead of this one or that one.  What difference does it make now? Our picks will prove to be just fine. I see at least 3 impact players from this draft developing if not this year then in 2015. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users