Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizmo

Gausman to start on Wed. vs. Tigers

65 posts in this topic

Kevin Gausman will be starting Wednesday night with Gonzalez backing him up, and Chen starting on Thursday vs. the Royals.

Roch

Edited by Gizmo

2-0 tigers. Ball game

Was just thinking the same thing.  No idea where any runs will come from. Obviously hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. 

there's the 2 runs

Gausman will make a really solid long relief man. he's good for 3 innings, beyond that, he's a batting practice pitcher. 

Palmer just said the Gausman's slider isn't mlb ready. and his velocity dropped after just a couple of innings. he added that the velocity issue may be related to his pitching on short rest. 

The offensive woes are alarming!    I'm thinking JJ's back is still an issue and preventing him from hitting with much (any) power

I'm kinda glad they haven't extended Davis or Hardy.

this needs to be attached as a sticky to the opening of every thread this season. 

maybe Reynolds and Cesar Izturis can come back to replace them

Just re-checked game after shutting it off earlier in frustration.  Nice to see the offense has some fight 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

and by offense, you mean Nelson Cruuuuuuuz, correct???  Where would the O's be without him so far?

this needs to be attached as a sticky to the opening of every thread this season. 

maybe Reynolds and Cesar Izturis can come back to replace them

No, but they can be signed for less than they might have warranted last winter. 

you'd like to think that, after the offense put them back into the game, maybe Gonzales would have some determination to shut down Detroit and get his team back up to bat. nope.

and by offense, you mean Nelson Cruuuuuuuz, correct???  Where would the O's be without him so far?

Yes well I posted that comment after looking at the score w/o seeing how they scored the runs.  

Cruz has single-handedly kept this team above .500

No, but they can be signed for less than they might have warranted last winter. 

maybe, but the thing I've noticed over the years is this. the team that has the talented player, never appreciates him as much as the team who wants the talented player. I can't imagine the yankees or dodgers turning away from Hardy because he has a down year. 

and Davis is here next year. no matter how good or bad he does this season, he has another 162 games to reestablish himself.

so Gonzales is out after 2 innings? I thought the plan of attack was to get 4-5 innings out of Gausman and then hand it over to Gonzo.

why not chew up the BP a little more  :rolleyes:

he has another 162 games to reestablish himself.

I hope he starts with this upcoming AB!!!

I hope he starts with this upcoming AB!!!

I'm with you on that. he'll get it together. but it's hard on the lineup right now. when no one is afraid of your big man, the rest of the guys are easier to deal with. 

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/history/players.jsp

Looking up pre-Hardy SS is like a who's who of players I barely remember.

I know, it was like wondering in the desert.

I totally misunderstood Buzzcut's comment. 

I know Manny can, and wants to, move over, but that just opens a big hole at 3B. and I'm not aware of any 3B solutions in their farm system.