• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

We lost one of the largest legends in the history of High School sports in this town and state. Not to mention a dying breed of coach/teachers.

The one and only Bill Karpovich Sr passed yesterday. He was a math teacher and soccer coach at Calvert Hall for 30 yrs and the head of the math dept at CHC for 20 of those 30 years.

He was a "decent" soccer coach to boot. Coach Karp was a coach and teacher at Eudowoood Prep from 1967-1997. He won 19 MSA A/MIAA A titles in 30 years. Karp was the 2 time National Coach of the Year at Calvert Hall. I don't recall another coach in any sport in this state winning National COY twice. Maybe Morgan Wooten at DM. Coach Karpovich's teams were ranked in the top 20 in the nation 10 out of the 30 years he coached at The Hall. Not too bad.

Most importantly, Mr Karp was a role model and a leader of young men. Karp was a dying breed of coaches/educators who will be dearly missed.

We are very lucky at CHC to have coaches and educators like Donald Davis, John Bauersfield and Brian Kelly (among others) in the building at CHC.

R.I.P. Karp

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

He was a great teacher.

#3 aurelius

aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Yes he was. When I finished at CHC in the late 70's he was still pretty young. I still think of him as that age, kind of frozen in time. Time flies as they say. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users