B Butler DH
S Perez C
A Gordon LF
D Valencia 3B
J Giavotella 2B
L Cain CF
A Escobar SS

Ventura RHP

Ventura blew those belt high fastballs by Davis...

His timing is off bigtime he was way late even though he was likely looking fastball on 3-1 count. 

Davis definitely needs to do something to fix his swing. He simply swings and misses on way too many hittable pitches and looks like he is constantly late on fastballs.

You won't find a bigger Chris Davis fan than me, but right now he is struggling big time.

Edited by Gizmo

Davis definitely needs to do something to fix his swing. He simply swings and misses on way too many hittable pitches and looks like he is constantly late on fastballs.

You won't find a bigger Chris Davis fan than me, but right now he is struggling big time.

I'd hoped he would have fixed it over the winter.

Whoa that was lucky... looked like Valencia crushed that... Palmer said the wind kept it in the park.  Chen doing his best to give the runs back. 

This is the 3rd straight year where it's homerun or nothing. It's way past getting old and tough to watch.

And the guy getting on base is one of the guys they count on for taters.

Cruz should get up one more time but aside from that looks like Chen and bullpen will have to hold them. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

I had to run out to do something, surprised to see the O's with 2 runs off this guy. :)

The O's typical walk and homerun offense. You didn't miss much.

The O's typical walk and homerun offense. You didn't miss much.

Not surprised to see it was Cruz. If nothing else, that signing has worked out pretty well so far.

Late again on the swings by Davis, although the guy was throwing some heat.

This is strictly my opinion, but Davis is making a very classic hitters mistake. His swing has a slight movement backwards, both hands and body, before he begins to come forward with the bat. You can see it with his hands and right shoulder, the beginning of his swing is not forward, it is rearward. Little things like that can make a huge difference at the major league level. Trying to set your hitting position after the pitch is thrown is imo a horrible way to bat, especially when it involves any kind of movement backward. That might work in softball beer leagues, but in mlb you are going to get the ball thrown by you.

Edited by Gizmo