• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ybnormal

ybnormal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,434 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

I bet the State House in Annapolis and City Hall in Baltimore are already licking their chops over the possibility because of the revenue stream.  Hopefully, they won't crew it up like they did with the Grand Prix.

"When baseball commissioner Bud Selig said recently that Baltimore was a "very, very viable candidate" to host the 2016 All-Star Game at Camden Yards, those who have sought for the Midsummer Classic's return to the city for years received a boost to their hopes.

The Orioles organization isn't commenting publicly on Selig's words, however, because it doesn't want to be viewed as campaigning for the annual event, which has been held in Baltimore twice. The American League won, 9-3, in 1993 at Camden Yards in the second season of the stadium's existence. And the AL also won, 4-3, in 1958 at Memorial Stadium, four years after the club came to town from St. Louis.

http://www.baltimore...0,7445537.story

Edited by ybnormal, 04 June 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#2 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

The World Series would be nice, but they're actually talking about the All-Star Game.

#3 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hopefully we can host both that year  :)

#4 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

I would think they'd go to National's Park before they do Baltimore again. :confused:

#5 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

I would think they'd go to National's Park before they do Baltimore again. :confused:

That could very well be as they alternate AL/NL, ones not dependent on the other.

#6 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Poor Tampa

Ballparks that have never hosted an All-Star Game[edit] Active baseball parks (oldest parks listed first)[edit]

#7 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Poor Tampa

Crazy, what did they use they place for 1990-98?   :huh:

#8 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Arena Football and the Tampa Bay Lightning!   :o

http://en.wikipedia....Tropicana_Field

Kindof interestin...they kept trying to lure away MLB teams....

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Poor Tampa

Ballparks that have never hosted an All-Star Game[edit] Active baseball parks (oldest parks listed first)[edit]

one of the NL teams will get it next year. that leaves TB & NY. TB isn't getting the AS game, no way, never, no how. and NY recently hosted it in the old stadium, so their turn won't come up again for awhile. if they try to go with a city that has had the longest stretch since the last time they hosted it, then it would be between Oakland, Toronto, Baltimore. Oakland won't be given the AS game. their dump is worse than TB. they have raw sewage in the clubhouse.  :D

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

one of the NL teams will get it next year. that leaves TB & NY. TB isn't getting the AS game, no way, never, no how. and NY recently hosted it in the old stadium, so their turn won't come up again for awhile. if they try to go with a city that has had the longest stretch since the last time they hosted it, then it would be between Oakland, Toronto, Baltimore. Oakland won't be given the AS game. their dump is worse than TB. they have raw sewage in the clubhouse.  :D

I doubt they'd have the All Star game at the Skydome either these days.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

I doubt they'd have the All Star game at the Skydome either these days.

I can't see why not. Toronto is a wonderful city and the skydome is still in great shape. Rodgers Comm. has invested lots of money to renovations over the last 3 years.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#12 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

The skydome reminds me of the Simpsons monorail.  It was nice for a minute, everyone oohed and aahed, then everyone realized it sucked.

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I can't see why not. Toronto is a wonderful city and the skydome is still in great shape. Rodgers Comm. has invested lots of money to renovations over the last 3 years.  

I'm basing my opinion on when I went in 2000, so I may be out of date.  It just seemed like a huge, empty arena instead of a ballpark.  I do agree Toronto is a great city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users