Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizmo

Oakland at O's 6 June Game Thread

44 posts in this topic

Agree.  Maybe Manny was frustrated b/c of the way he clumsily fell down after the tag.  Very strange.

Or maybe he's pissed b/c Donaldson is gonna take his All-Star spot at third 

Btw for those who haven't heard... Johan Santana done for year.  Tore his Achilles today 

Oh man. Had not heard that. Was looking forward to seeing him pitch when he was inevitably called up.

Oh man. Had not heard that. Was looking forward to seeing him pitch when he was inevitably called up.

Yea definitely a bummer.  Who knows how he would have performed but I think we all hoped he'd be a positive surprise

There's no way Chen hit Donaldson on purpose there.  In a one run game with Cespedes coming up.  No way. 

I had to run out for a few minutes and missed it. On purpose or not, after what happened with Manny earlier, it looks pretty bad.

I really hope it wasn't on purpose, that would be pretty lame as Donaldson did nothing wrong imo.

Edited by Gizmo

Yea definitely a bummer.  Who knows how he would have performed but I think we all hoped he'd be a positive surprise

I got mixed feelings on this.  Sounds like he was only throwing 86mph or so.  That's meatball city usually unless you are O'day with the side arm action.

I got mixed feelings on this.  Sounds like he was only throwing 86mph or so.  That's meatball city usually unless you are O'day with the side arm action.

Yea I hear ya... I mean I guess my view was that I didn't expect much from him, but was just secretly hoping he may surprise us all and be a positive addition. But now we'll never know 

I had to run out for a few minutes and missed it. On purpose or not, after what happened with Manny earlier, it looks pretty bad.

I really hope it wasn't on purpose, that would be pretty lame as Donaldson did nothing wrong imo.

Definitely didn't look good.  Donaldson immediately turned to the A's dugout after getting hit and shouted something to his team.  Not sure what but it appeared he thought it may have been intentional