#1 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,386 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

http://www.cbssports...eeds-to-grow-up

That was almost certainly intentional, and, as such, it's pretty damnable. The Orioles broadcasters surmised that Machado was trying to helicopter his bat toward the mound, based on his lingering glare. Yet he missed. He could've hit an umpire or Alberto Callaspoat third, whirled the bat into the dugout or even into the stands. You can't do that. You can't do that because it's stupid and dangerous. It would seem that this needs to be explained to Mr. Machado.

Anyhow, benches and bullpens emptied, and Machado and Abad were tossed from the game. Beyond those formalities, here's hoping Macahdo gets himself a fairly lengthy "time out" from MLB for doing this. I think throwing at hitters for any reason other than reclaiming the inner part of the plate is also childish, but this is another level.

The best that can be said about Machado is that he's 21 years old but of late acting like someone 19 or so years younger.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#2 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

Edited by Gizmo, 09 June 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#3 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,750 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

I think Manny overreacted Friday night.  That said, today he did what I've always thought was justified when a pitcher is obviously throwing at the batter... somebody lets the bat go on a later pitch.  Only I'd recommend you send it flailing towards the pitcher's mound.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#4 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,386 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Bench the punk

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,386 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

http://forum.orioles...0cda7416d08c916

33 Pages on Orioles Hangout

#6 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

The one problem I've always had with Manny is his idolization of ARod.  Now he's starting to act *****y like ARod.

I hope he stops.  I already had to get rid of my Ray Rice T-shirt.  I don't want to have to donate my #13 shirt, too.  It's my favorite number.

#7 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Shouldn't be throwing at his left knee. Throw behind him or waist level so he turn his butt into it. Throwing the bat was nonsense, I suspect he'll be suspended.

#8 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,386 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Shouldn't be throwing at his left knee. Throw behind him or waist level so he turn his butt into it. Throwing the bat was nonsense, I suspect he'll be suspended.

I agree.  But Manny started it. 

#9 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

http://forum.orioles...0cda7416d08c916

33 Pages on Orioles Hangout

And OldFan is in the middle of it!

I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#10 Ranger145

Ranger145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I think he is peed off because Donaldson is having a much better year and will be AllStar starter.

#11 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

He's got ego issues 

#12 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I agree.  But Manny started it.

Yeah I get why they threw at him and I don't have a problem with that, I just think throwing at his knee is a bad move and I can understand why Manny would get pissed about that.

#13 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Too bad he didn't throw the bat a little harder and do all of baseball a favor by taking out Angel Hernandez.

#14 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,068 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

I watched the videos this morning....the one of the tag in question made him look like such a wuss, even the umpire was laughing at his overreaction!  :D

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

I watched the videos this morning....the one of the tag in question made him look like such a wuss, even the umpire was laughing at his overreaction!   :D

definitely. 

I also liked his over the top Diva fall to the ground. he looked like a pansy soccer player.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#16 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

I was glad I chose to spend Sunday afternoon taking a nap rather than watching the ball game, so I missed the incident. I am sorry to hear this. Machado is a talented guy, but this behavior is embarrassing and I hope he learns from this, even if it takes a suspension. "Anger issues" is one possible analysis, "ego" is another, just losing it while losing may also play into it.

I heard an analyst after Saturday's game (was that Frank Thomas? very smooth guy) saying Manny's Friday outburst fired the team up on Saturday, maybe. I doubt that. I think Saturday's result was due to their pitcher not hitting his spots. Going forward, either Manny will get a little more respect, or teams will go after him figuring he will get himself ejected. He was pretty high on my list of admired players, but that is down a notch or two now. Such thuggish behavior is not good for him or the game. 

#17 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Just saw this 'smile' video on OH. I can't believe he did that!

http://baltimorespor...ez-52333.html  

Edited by SNAFU, 09 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#18 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

definitely. 

I also liked his over the top Diva fall to the ground. he looked like a pansy soccer player.   

Hey! I am deeply offended by your characterization.   

(Love the game, but despise the dives.)

#19 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hey! I am deeply offended by your characterization.   

(Love the game, but despise the dives.)

I have friends who are soccer freaks. but I can't stand the sport because of all that drama queen stuff. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#20 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Just saw this 'smile' video on OH. I can't believe he did that!

http://baltimorespor...ez-52333.html  

yep, that's A-Roid behavior. when these stories make it around baseball, other players will go after him for doing this stuff. he's going out of his way to hurt fellow players.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users