• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Can someone explain Orioles' ticket pricing?  In the past, there were regular tickets and then BS "prime" tickets for NY and Boston.  Now there are "select", "prime" and "elite" which are all more expensive than regular prices.  Depending on the section, the markups are pretty significant, especially for the "elite" games.

My $18 ticket for tonight's game cost $25 since it's "prime" against 4th place Boston. 

http://baltimore.ori...ing_pricing.jsp

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,488 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

this is MLB in the 21st century. all the cool teams are doing it. Boston is tanking right now, but that's just a bump in the road. their fair weather fans will be back when they start competing again. until then, they're all home stroking their Tom Brady bobbleheads and dreaming of the up coming NFL season. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Can someone explain Orioles' ticket pricing?  In the past, there were regular tickets and then BS "prime" tickets for NY and Boston.  Now there are "select", "prime" and "elite" which are all more expensive than regular prices.  Depending on the section, the markups are pretty significant, especially for the "elite" games.

My $18 ticket for tonight's game cost $25 since it's "prime" against 4th place Boston. 

http://baltimore.ori...ing_pricing.jsp

Flexible pricing has made ticket prices very inconsistent.  I believe we paid a premium for Saturday's game vs. Toronto. This new pricing policy and the O's inconsistent performance may end up hurting the team at the gate. 

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Seems every Saturday game from June on is in one of the "premium" categories.  The seats behind home plate cost $39 more if it's an "elite" game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users