Norman

Jindal signs law that could shutter abortion clinics

56 posts in this topic

Who will protect the rights of the unborn?

Do fetuses have rights? What about the mother's rights?

That's my question. Why wasn't he shuttered when legitimate providers were?

Why was his place so clear of anti-choice nutters?

You folks have a lot of nerve bringing up Gosnell, ever. It's like watching Dr. Frankenstein blame the villagers for his monster.

LOL!  Own it and quit whining, Squidward.  You really look like an idiot trying to blame your abortionist heros on people opposed to abortion.  Seriously.  

Exactly.  As long as it's done behind closed doors by someone in a white lab coat and looks "clinical", the left is all for it.  It's pretty much the way the Nazis exterminated the mentally ill.

Really?  So I assume there is documentation of all kinds of horrible deaths to women related to legal abortion?  Share please.

Good for him.  It's a medical procedure.  The baby murder clinics will have to comply with the regulations or go out of business.  What a shame.

I do not for an instant believe this new law is being drive by a sudden concern for patient safety. It’s obviously an attempt to make it more difficult to get an abortion in that state.

However...

I still think it’s a good idea.

Abortion clinics should be bound by the same regulations as any other medical facility. This should be a federal mandate, nationwide. Not to discourage abortions but to assure people using those facilities that there is a standard of treatment being met. This would probably result in the closure of the fly-by-night operators, but the major players will get up to snuff quick enough.

By the way, I am pro-life. But that includes the mothers seeking abortions, as well as the babies being aborted. That I would like to see an end to the one sort of harm doesn't mean I wish to encourage the other sort.

Can we all at least agree that abortion is a medical procedure and that a certain standard (whatever that standard may be) should apply?

Or is a free-for-all the better way to go?

Sure. LA doesn't require other clinics (e.g. wound mgmt, group peds practices, oral surgeons) have all their doctors with privileges at local hospitals. Are these clinics participants in a free for all?

Sauce for the goose etc. In other states when these same laws have been passed, hospitals revoked privileges from doctors who practiced at abortion clinics, under pressure from right to life crowd. Which closed clinics.

Now who is being irresponsible?