• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Ahhh...lib logic.....consistently inconsistent.

That's not exactly a reply.

http://www.huffingto..._b_2924348.html

The answer is simple: Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, when abortion policy was established, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's primary goal was to overturn Roe v. Wade and, barring that, impose as many barriers as possible to limit access to abortion. By and large, our policymakers have never viewed abortion as a medical procedure - instead placing it under the Pennsylvania Crimes Code -- and therefore have not nurtured a system of abortion care that is woman-focused, readily accessible, and responsive to their medical needs. The Commonwealth's focus has been on denying access, not protecting the health and safety of women who need this medical care. If the charges against Gosnell prove true, Gosnell was an outlaw who repeatedly violated numerous laws and should have been shut down years ago, but the state did not hold him accountable to its own laws and policies.

Another Gosnell patient, Davida Johnson, noted in an Associated Press article that she intended to go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion procedure, but was scared away by anti-abortion protesters picketing outside the clinic. An acquaintance suggested she go to Gosnell, where protesters (ironically) were not an issue.

Evidence suggests that a number of factors influenced a woman's decision to seek care at Gosnell's clinic: Medicaid's refusal to provide insurance coverage for most abortions; the scarcity of abortion providers in Pennsylvania (and across the nation); the fear of violence perpetrated by protestors at clinics, and the right-wing culture that has so stigmatized abortion that many think it is still illegal 40 years after Roe v. Wade.

I know you don't want to hear or admit it, but Gosnell is the result of anti-choice policy.

Take from that what you may about your own culpability in the acts of his you decry.

Edited by Calamari, 14 June 2014 - 04:48 PM.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#42 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,311 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Curious - what programs - food stamps where hungry people get feed and a few abuse the system?

How about turning corn into ethanol driving up the price of food and putting more people on food stamps with no benefit to the environment?  

How about the Great Society which has cost taxpayers trillions to dissolve the family units of the lower class and not reduced poverty one iota.  It simply impoverishes taxpayers relative to the under class.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#43 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,311 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

That's not exactly a reply.

I know you don't want to hear or admit it, but Gosnell is the result of anti-choice policy.

Take from that what you may about your own culpability in the acts of his you decry.

LOL!  That is so twisted it is funny.  You should write for South Park.  

Gosnell is the poster child for the left.  Own it.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#44 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

That would be stealing.

He's your monster, sorry the Truth hurts so.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

#45 Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

That would be stealing.

He's your monster, sorry the Truth hurts so.

Nice try.....but no...kermit and his associates are all yours no matter how you try to spin and deflect.

Gosnell was well known to the pennsylvania authorities as well as the local emergency rooms so why wasn't his abattoir shuttered?

Here's a hint-it wasn't because of the lifers. 

Had the good doctor not run afoul of the narc squad for dispensing narcotics by the poundt he'd likely still be ginzuing the viable born and unborn and their mothers 

Live with it-kermit is the poster child for the abortion on demand (any time,any reason,any method) crowd.

#46 songfourone

songfourone

0 warnings, but its early :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

How many people on this board would go to an outpatient surgical center for any other kind of procedure if the doctor who was performing the procedure was not validated by being on medical staff of at least one local hospital, with admitting privileges?

Would any one of you trust an eye doctor without a hospital affiliation to remove your cataracts? An orthopedist to perform hand surgery? A gastroenterologist to perform a colonoscopy? It is a pretty common standard (and patient expectation) that such physicians have the ability to admit you to a hospital in the event of a complication during or after an outpatient procedure.

Why is it any less so for a gyn procedure like an abortion? Does anyone think that complications don't occur?

The fact of the matter is that there are physicians out there who are just qualified enough to retain their medical license (whatever the specialty) but haven't the experience or the credentials to qualify for membership on a hospital medical staff with admitting privileges. I don't know about any of you, but I would not select any physician like that to perform a procedure on me.

How many people on this board would go to an outpatient surgical center for any other kind of procedure if the doctor who was performing the procedure was not validated by being on medical staff of at least one local hospital, with admitting privileges?

Would any one of you trust an eye doctor without a hospital affiliation to remove your cataracts? An orthopedist to perform hand surgery? A gastroenterologist to perform a colonoscopy? It is a pretty common standard (and patient expectation) that such physicians have the ability to admit you to a hospital in the event of a complication during or after an outpatient procedure.

Why is it any less so for a gyn procedure like an abortion? Does anyone think that complications don't occur?

The fact of the matter is that there are physicians out there who are just qualified enough to retain their medical license (whatever the specialty) but haven't the experience or the credentials to qualify for membership on a hospital medical staff with admitting privileges. I don't know about any of you, but I would not select any physician like that to perform a procedure on me.

BS, and you of all people should know it.

But then again.....
"Morality cannot be legislated but behavior can be regulated. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can restrain the heartless.” MLK

#47 songfourone

songfourone

0 warnings, but its early :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Here are two. You might want to check your facts first before you post. I will clarify my statement to limit the fly-ins to abortion-restrictive states. Doctors in states that don't pass TRAP laws regarding abortions and abortion clinics don't need to have the doctors fly in. And what else do you think are false arguments?

Source

Two more in Alabama.

Source

Good post EmDot.
"Morality cannot be legislated but behavior can be regulated. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can restrain the heartless.” MLK

#48 Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

Can we all at least agree that abortion is a medical procedure and that a certain standard (whatever that standard may be) should apply?

Or is a free-for-all the better way to go?

#49 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,361 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Gosnell was well known to the pennsylvania authorities as well as the local emergency rooms so why wasn't his abattoir shuttered?

That's my question. Why wasn't he shuttered when legitimate providers were?

Why was his place so clear of anti-choice nutters?

You folks have a lot of nerve bringing up Gosnell, ever. It's like watching Dr. Frankenstein blame the villagers for his monster.

~George Washington

#50 Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

You folks have a lot of nerve bringing up Gosnell, ever. It's like watching Dr. Frankenstein blame the villagers for his monster.

Link to the "legitimate providers" that were shuttered in pennsylvania pre-gosnell please? 

And you know full well why kermit was allowed to stay open.

I remember hillary saying abortion should be safe, legal, and rare......looks like 1 out of 3 is good enough.

Why do you hate women?

#51 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Highly Sophisticated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Who will protect the rights of the unborn?

Do fetuses have rights? What about the mother's rights?

#52 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,311 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

LOL!  Own it and quit whining, Squidward.  You really look like an idiot trying to blame your abortionist heros on people opposed to abortion.  Seriously.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#53 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Exactly.  As long as it's done behind closed doors by someone in a white lab coat and looks "clinical", the left is all for it.  It's pretty much the way the Nazis exterminated the mentally ill.

Really?  So I assume there is documentation of all kinds of horrible deaths to women related to legal abortion?  Share please.

#54 Gopher

Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Good for him.  It's a medical procedure.  The baby murder clinics will have to comply with the regulations or go out of business.  What a shame.

#55 bullmikey

bullmikey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,201 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

I do not for an instant believe this new law is being drive by a sudden concern for patient safety. It’s obviously an attempt to make it more difficult to get an abortion in that state.

However...

I still think it’s a good idea.

Abortion clinics should be bound by the same regulations as any other medical facility. This should be a federal mandate, nationwide. Not to discourage abortions but to assure people using those facilities that there is a standard of treatment being met. This would probably result in the closure of the fly-by-night operators, but the major players will get up to snuff quick enough.

By the way, I am pro-life. But that includes the mothers seeking abortions, as well as the babies being aborted. That I would like to see an end to the one sort of harm doesn't mean I wish to encourage the other sort.
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
__ Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

#56 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Can we all at least agree that abortion is a medical procedure and that a certain standard (whatever that standard may be) should apply?

Or is a free-for-all the better way to go?

Sure. LA doesn't require other clinics (e.g. wound mgmt, group peds practices, oral surgeons) have all their doctors with privileges at local hospitals. Are these clinics participants in a free for all?

Sauce for the goose etc. In other states when these same laws have been passed, hospitals revoked privileges from doctors who practiced at abortion clinics, under pressure from right to life crowd. Which closed clinics.

Now who is being irresponsible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users