90 replies to this topic

#1 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

http://www.truthrevo...c4g5wo.facebook "While pundits on both side of the aisle proclaim that the problem in Iraq is not the Obama administration’s precipitous pullout from Iraq, and that a terrorist takeover of Iraq could not have been predicted, it was predicted – by that hated harbinger of militarism, President George W. Bush. In July 2007, President Bush explained: I know some in Washington would like us to start leaving Iraq now. To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region, and for the United States. It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda. It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It would mean we’d allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous."

#2 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,343 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

The same guy who signed the agreement to withdraw troops from Iraq?

First, the troop withdrawal is required by an agreement which George W. Bush negotiated and entered into with Iraq and which was ratified by the Iraqi Parliament prior to Obama’s inauguration. Let’s listen to the White House itself today: “’This deal was cut by the Bush administration, the agreement was always that at end of the year we would leave. . . .’ an administration official said.” As I said, it’s a good thing that this agreement is being adhered to, and one can reasonably argue that Obama’s campaign advocacy for the war’s end influenced the making of that agreement, but the Year End 2011 withdrawal date was agreed to by the Bush administration and codified by them in a binding agreement.

Second, the Obama administration has been working for months to persuade, pressure and cajole Iraq to allow U.S. troops to remain in that country beyond the deadline. The reason they’re being withdrawn isn’t because Obama insisted on this, but because he tried — but failed — to get out of this obligation.

http://www.salon.com...raq_withdrawal/

Edited by soulflower, 14 June 2014 - 04:08 PM.

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#3 Creekman

Creekman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

How soon they forget.....conveniently.

#4 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,783 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

....and the re-write of history continues in the rwnj alternative betaverse.

#5 Gene

Gene

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Note how these bitter, gullible left wingers ALWAYS choose to side with America's enemies.

#6 AttackPlanR

AttackPlanR

Liberal? Yes. Democrat? Hell No

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,194 posts
  • LocationThe War Room

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

I don't seem to remember Iraq having a problem with terrorists before we needlessly invaded....

May the road always rise to meet you, but not with the massive force of a 50 pound car bomb.
Old Northern Ireland Proverb, The Onion.

It's finally time for real auto racing!!

#7 Gene

Gene

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I don't seem to remember Iraq having a problem with terrorists before we needlessly invaded....

Both Senators John Kerry and John Edwards voted for Resolution HJ 114 which puts Congress on record as approving President Bush's actions. It specifically states that the action was necessary primarily because "Iraq has demonstrated its capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people" and because "Iraq continues to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations, including organizations that threaten the lives and safety of American citizens."

#8 Gene

Gene

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

~giggles~

#9 Gene

Gene

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Kerry and Edwards Lied

Edited by EmDot, 22 June 2014 - 10:09 AM.
vulgarity

#10 AttackPlanR

AttackPlanR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,194 posts
  • LocationThe War Room

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

I find it funny that you believe what politicians have to say

May the road always rise to meet you, but not with the massive force of a 50 pound car bomb.

#11 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,343 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

The same guy who signed the agreement to withdraw troops from Iraq?

First, the troop withdrawal is required by an agreement which George W. Bush negotiated and entered into with Iraq and which was ratified by the Iraqi Parliament prior to Obama’s inauguration. Let’s listen to the White House itself today: “’This deal was cut by the Bush administration, the agreement was always that at end of the year we would leave. . . .’ an administration official said.” As I said, it’s a good thing that this agreement is being adhered to, and one can reasonably argue that Obama’s campaign advocacy for the war’s end influenced the making of that agreement, but the Year End 2011 withdrawal date was agreed to by the Bush administration and codified by them in a binding agreement.

Second, the Obama administration has been working for months to persuade, pressure and cajole Iraq to allow U.S. troops to remain in that country beyond the deadline. The reason they’re being withdrawn isn’t because Obama insisted on this, but because he tried — but failed — to get out of this obligation.

http://www.salon.com...raq_withdrawal/

Great poast soleflowr!
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,660 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

"While pundits on both side of the aisle proclaim that the problem in Iraq is not the Obama administration’s precipitous pullout from Iraq,

That's where I stopped reading. It wasn't Obama's pullout. Bush signed off on the Status of Forces agreement with Iraq which detailed the dates and timeline for the  removal of American troops

Edited by bmore_ken, 14 June 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#13 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,172 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

So, how long were we supposed to stay in Iraq?

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#14 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,661 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

1,000 years, according to McCain.

That, plus choosing that dimwitted girl as a running mate, is what Made North Carolina go Obama in 2008.

#15 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,660 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

If you're talking  from the beginning, who knows? If you're talking timelines agreed upon by both countries in the SOF agreement in 2008, it said U.S forces out of major Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009 and all combat forces out by December 31, 2011.The last U.S forces left on December 16, 2011. One of the few things Obama didn't F up

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#16 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

I was right....

#17 AttackPlanR

AttackPlanR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,194 posts
  • LocationThe War Room

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Iraq will be good to the last drop.

Literally. 

#18 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

I could have predicted what would happen as would anyone here. You can't maintain forces forever in dangerous places like the middle east.

As soon as we pulled out al queda was going to come in, in some form. Let the sunnis and shia fight it out.

They have for generations.

Edited by RIKMAN, 14 June 2014 - 08:21 PM.

Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#19 bmorepunk

bmorepunk

I Can't Read Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,250 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

#20 Kongo

Kongo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Fact is, these people need a dictator to keep them in line. Democracy doesn't work too well there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users