Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest TheJudgement

June 16 versus rays

61 posts in this topic

I said last year that we should sacrifice some of this great defense if we have to for some better offense. That was a very unpopular opinion but I'm even more convinced now.

I said last year that we should sacrifice some of this great defense if we have to for some better offense. That was a very unpopular opinion but I'm even more convinced now.

Last season the best guys at defense tended to be the guys who could also hit.  This season no one wants Lough on the team, Joseph clearly sucks, and everyone is just resigned to Flaherty being an Oriole until he retires.

Last season the best guys at defense tended to be the guys who could also hit. This season no one wants Lough on the team, Joseph clearly sucks, and everyone is just resigned to Flaherty being an Oriole until he retires.

I'm talking about a couple of the starters. This just isn't working. Solid pitching and great defense but a poor offense make you about .500. I've seen enough.

Edited by 85Knight

They could do this now simply by having Cruz and either Pearce or Young play LF and DH every night.  And I think its time to bring Lombardozzi up and see if he can make something happen.  

Edited by BayAreaBmore

They could do this now simply by having Cruz and either Pearce or Young play LF and DH every night.  And I think its time to bring Lombardozzi up and see if he can make something happen.  

I'd put Cruz in the field for time being.  I haven't seen anything too egregious the times he has played.  Young as primary DH.  I'm absolutely mystified as to why Lough is still playing other than as the occasional late inning defensive replacement.

They could do this now simply by having Cruz and either Pearce or Young play LF and DH every night. And I think its time to bring Lombardozzi up and see if he can make something happen.

We have to do something different. We're just sitting around waiting for something to happen like the Jones HR. In the meantime we're wasting some good pitching. I've seen enough.

Hey Buck when your team isn't scoring runs the 7th inning is NOT too early to pinch hit for your worst hitters in a one run game.  

It is unbelievable the pathetic hitters Buck lets go up to the plate late in a game when we really, really need a hit.