• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 confused fan

confused fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Joe Flacco has been under intense criticism sense he proclaimed that he was an “elite quarterback”. One may disagree if they look solely at Flacco’s statistics during the regular season, however I think it’s unrealistic to say Flacco was “lucky” during his Superbowl run.  This brings us to last season; Flacco threw for 3912 yards, 19 TD, 22 interceptions. Numbers alone indicate that Flacco is far from being elite. A thorough investigation (Anti-Pro Football Focus, Anti-Majority ESPN Writers/TV/Radio Commentators) would bring up the lack of help from the receiver and tight end positions, terrible run game and poor offensive line play as being potential factors to Flacco’s dreadful statistics for a hopeful “elite” quarterback.  So how do you evaluate Joe Flacco?  Flacco has opened himself up to a lot of scrutiny when he signed his contract, cap friendly or not, he is regarded as one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL. 

With this in mind, there is a considerable amount of fan outrage when Joe Flacco didn’t take the time out to work with his receivers/tight ends especially a new offense is in place.  So far in public practices, Flacco has thrown at least 2 “pick 6” interceptions in practice. Jamison Hensley also reported that Flacco is being “erratic” with his throws in practice.  I distinctly remember last off-season/training camp, in which it was reported that Flacco threw a ton of interceptions. He carried that unfortunate tradition on the playing field racking up a career high of 22 interceptions last year.

It’s time for Flacco to step up, a few weapons were provided this offseason, a proven offensive coordinator, and a half-hearted attempt to fix the offensive line took place.  It is hard to get excited about two offensive weapons over the age of 30 being added to the roster.  It’s hard to get excited that the only offensive weapon drafted in the first round during Flacco’s time in Baltimore is no longer with the team, farewell Blind Side.

With all that said, it’s time for Flacco to step up.  He chooses not to get his receivers and tight ends together during the offseason, which is his prerogative, but fans and supporters of the team do not want to hear or see erratic throws and multiple interceptions being thrown.  Maybe it’s time for Joe’s agent to have a heart to heart talk with him.  It’s time for Flacco to step up or redo his contract for $8 million a year, which is still high for an average quarterback.

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,210 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

It’s time for Flacco to step up

He might not be able to step up without a right tackle

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Not hard for me to get excited. I'm stoked frankly.

#4 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Joe Flacco has been under intense criticism sense he proclaimed that he was an “elite quarterback”. One may disagree if they look solely at Flacco’s statistics during the regular season, however I think it’s unrealistic to say Flacco was “lucky” during his Superbowl run.  This brings us to last season; Flacco threw for 3912 yards, 19 TD, 22 interceptions. Numbers alone indicate that Flacco is far from being elite. A thorough investigation (Anti-Pro Football Focus, Anti-Majority ESPN Writers/TV/Radio Commentators) would bring up the lack of help from the receiver and tight end positions, terrible run game and poor offensive line play as being potential factors to Flacco’s dreadful statistics for a hopeful “elite” quarterback.  So how do you evaluate Joe Flacco?  Flacco has opened himself up to a lot of scrutiny when he signed his contract, cap friendly or not, he is regarded as one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL. 

It’s time for Flacco to step up, a few weapons were provided this offseason, a proven offensive coordinator, and a half-hearted attempt to fix the offensive line took place.  It is hard to get excited about two offensive weapons over the age of 30 being added to the roster.  It’s hard to get excited that the only offensive weapon drafted in the first round during Flacco’s time in Baltimore is no longer with the team, farewell Blind Side.

With all that said, it’s time for Flacco to step up. 

If the OL fix is truly half-hearted and remains so (i.e. no free agent signings or the emergence at camp of a strong RT), the run game and Flacco will both be hard pressed to "step up.   The poor running game and OL play were not potential factors to his bad year, they were strong factors.

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,999 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

^^^^^This.

#6 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

No offense but I thought this was common football sense? No O line ,no run game ,no tough ends, 1 good receiver and a few ok ones equal bad season for the QB whoever he may be.

#7 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

He didn't "choose" to not get together with his receivers this offseason, which btw, is something is highly overrated to begin with.  Also, they didn't have the new playbook, so doing so would have been largely a waste of time.

And, according to Hensley, Flacco was outstanding today after yesterday's "erratic" performance....

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,719 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

In his 6th NFL season, at the age of 28, John Elway threw 17 TDs and 19 INTs, while completing 55% of his passes.

In his 7th NFL season, at the age of 28, Dan Marino threw 24 TDs and (a league leading) 22 INTs, while completing 56% of his passes.

In his 6th NFL season, at the age of 28, Joe Flacco threw 19 TDs and 22 INTs, while completing 59% of his passes.

What does any of that mean?

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,999 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

In his 6th NFL season, at the age of 28, John Elway threw 17 TDs and 19 INTs, while completing 55% of his passes.

In his 7th NFL season, at the age of 28, Dan Marino threw 24 TDs and (a league leading) 22 INTs, while completing 56% of his passes.

In his 6th NFL season, at the age of 28, Joe Flacco threw 19 TDs and 22 INTs, while completing 59% of his passes.

What does any of that mean?

That it's time for the OP to step down?

;)

#10 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

With this in mind, there is a considerable amount of fan outrage when Joe Flacco didn’t take the time out to work with his receivers/tight ends especially a new offense is in place.  So far in public practices, Flacco has thrown at least 2 “pick 6” interceptions in practice. Jamison Hensley also reported that Flacco is being “erratic” with his throws in practice.  I distinctly remember last off-season/training camp, in which it was reported that Flacco threw a ton of interceptions. He carried that unfortunate tradition on the playing field racking up a career high of 22 interceptions last year.

With all that said, it’s time for Flacco to step up.  He chooses not to get his receivers and tight ends together during the offseason, which is his prerogative, but fans and supporters of the team do not want to hear or see erratic throws and multiple interceptions being thrown.  Maybe it’s time for Joe’s agent to have a heart to heart talk with him.  It’s time for Flacco to step up or redo his contract for $8 million a year, which is still high for an average quarterback.

It's kinda hard to step up when you're constantly running for your life, have no running game and you're getting the snot pounded out of you by huge D lineman and line backers week after week.

Joe had an off year last season, but you have to consider the entire situation.

Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,999 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

It's kinda hard to step up when you're constantly running for your life, have no running game and you're getting the snot pounded out of you by huge D lineman and line backers week after week.

Joe had an off year last season, but you have to consider the entire situation.

NO Dennis Pitta for a good part of the year.

STONE HANDS Ed Dickson.

NO Boldin or anyone close to replacing him.

NO running game.

NO O-line.

So yeah. It's all Joe's fault.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 21 June 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#12 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

STONE HANDS Ed Dickson.

NO running game.

NO O-line.

Wow! We agree.

#13 Ranger145

Ranger145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hard to believe some of this criticism of Flacco when training camp has not even started for God's sake.
Ill tell you what he did that the so called great Dan Marino never did: WIN A SUPER Bowl after beating the
great Peyton Manning and the great Tom Brady on the freaking road.

#14 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Wow! It sure sounds like most of you think Joe is going to have another bad season this year but it won't be his fault. He is going to have a bad season this year because we don't have a RT and our receivers are not that good. Oh well. Maybe 2015, Joe will have a good season.

#15 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,210 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Wow! It sure sounds like most of you think Joe is going to have another bad season this year but it won't be his fault. He is going to have a bad season this year because we don't have a RT and our receivers are not that good. Oh well. Maybe 2015, Joe will have a good season.

The receivers can get it done. If he can't win games with Smith, Smith, Brown, Jones, and Pitta we shouldn't be paying him. RT is the problem

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#16 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

While I also believe the OL is the key to whether this offense is going to improve, and I was certainly among those complaining about the team not drafting a RT with a high pick, I am not so sure that Ricky Wagner may not be a good option. He was a 5th round choice last year, so he must have talent and tools in the team's analysis, and has had a year to refine technique and synch with the system. Bringing in an experienced FA may seem like a better move for now, but one of the key things about an OL is for guys to be playing together, ideally for many years, so it makes sense to bring this guy along if he is good. Sure we can point to last season's Gino experience as a failure, but that doesn't have to apply to this case. If not Wagner, who? And if not now, when?

While the OL was a disaster last year, there were a lot of other negatives on the offense that contributed to Flacco's off-year, and I think there is reason to believe many of them have been addressed with new guys, existing guys healthier, and especially new OC and staff. I look for Flacco to bounce back.

#17 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I personally don't think Kubiak is going to be able to install his west coast offense here. I don't think Flacco is accurate enough and/or able to throw very quick, short passes. His strengths seem to be the long deep throws and outs. I think he just needs the time back there to sit back and read the defenses. Kubiak is smart and I think he will tailor the offense around Flacco's strentghs, whatever they may be. If Kubiak does not understand how to design a play that uses the middle of the field then I will be shocked because that will be three NFL coordinators in a row that we have hired that do not understand how to design a play that uses the middle of the field.

#18 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,243 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

STONE HANDS Ed Dickson.

NO running game.

NO O-line.

Indeed.

Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#19 RestonRaven

RestonRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

I have this buddy. He is a dumpy soft doughy schlub of a guy. Yet - Somehow he is dating this really cute girl, sweeter than peach cobbler, loves sports, treats him well and is clearly out of his league.  So what does he do?  He complains that she is not "super model pretty."  Really ???!!??  We collectively want to smack him upside his short fat balding head.  That reminds me of the Flacco haters that keep harping on Joe needing to "step up."  This kid has not missed a game in 6 years, played through injury, played through his wife in labor giving birth, has been behind center and helping contribute to more wins than any other QB in the NFL in the same time period, performed at a playoff level not seen in twenty years since Joe Montana, and helped deliver a World Title and Super Bowl MVP. Yet some small insignificant fraction of the fan base still believes he needs to "step up" after an 8-8 season where the Ravens were literally one quarter away from qualifying for the playoffs for a century leading sixth consecutive year.  Sure - Joe isn't as pretty as Brees, Peyton and Rodgers - but last time I checked he has more playoff wins in most cases, and just as many Super Bowl Rings as those guys.  Just like Gisele, Tyra Banks and Cindy Crawford are not available to date my buddy - those guys are not available to QB the Ravens either.  Appreciate the moxie shown and success he has helped deliver (and yes I understand he is not solely responsible for it - but he was a major component) and quit fixating on whether he needs to "step up."  That kid has  - many, many, many times over and he has earned the opportunity to do so again over the term of his contract.

#20 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,999 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I have this buddy. He is a dumpy soft doughy schlub of a guy. Yet - Somehow he is dating this really cute girl, sweeter than peach cobbler, loves sports, treats him well and is clearly out of his league.  So what does he do?  He complains that she is not "super model pretty."  Really ???!!??  We collectively want to smack him upside his short fat balding head.  That reminds me of the Flacco haters that keep harping on Joe needing to "step up."  This kid has not missed a game in 6 years, played through injury, played through his wife in labor giving birth, has been behind center and helping contribute to more wins than any other QB in the NFL in the same time period, performed at a playoff level not seen in twenty years since Joe Montana, and helped deliver a World Title and Super Bowl MVP. Yet some small insignificant fraction of the fan base still believes he needs to "step up" after an 8-8 season where the Ravens were literally one quarter away from qualifying for the playoffs for a century leading sixth consecutive year.  Sure - Joe isn't as pretty as Brees, Peyton and Rodgers - but last time I checked he has more playoff wins in most cases, and just as many Super Bowl Rings as those guys.  Just like Gisele, Tyra Banks and Cindy Crawford are not available to date my buddy - those guys are not available to QB the Ravens either.  Appreciate the moxie shown and success he has helped deliver (and yes I understand he is not solely responsible for it - but he was a major component) and quit fixating on whether he needs to "step up."  That kid has  - many, many, many times over and he has earned the opportunity to do so again over the term of his contract.

Anyway you could post that girl's number?

(Just askin...)

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users