Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
babylinux

Can we start pretending this is a good team yet?

34 posts in this topic

Maybe if they take 2 out of 3 against the Yucks?  I want to have a happy summer.  :)

Don't we all ?

How's things in your world, baby ?

Don't we all ?

How's things in your world, baby ?

Hot, sticky and wet...but not as bad as yesterday.  :)

the night was sultry.  B)

Whoa, let's keep it clean here, ok ?  This is a family board. :)

I'm going to proceed as though this is a thread about the Orioles. Not being an expert on baseball nor the business of baseball, I have no need to pretend they are good or not good. I follow the news about their developments and I watch and listen to most games and I think I am under no illusion that this is a team that can be counted on to go out and dominate the league. To be competitive with the talent we have, they have to be hitting on all cylinders (and pitching too). They have to be playing pretty much over their heads, fired up, relaxed yet concentrating to the max all the time, with unexpected heroes popping up at clutch moments. And that is what I have fun rooting for; it could happen. I don't even know that I want my team to go out and just buy players like the Yanks and the Sox do, and often end up disappointed. My idea of being a fan is pulling for the underdog to overcome. The Orioles are certainly in position to do that if they play better than expected.

Maybe if they take 2 out of 3 against the Yucks?  I want to have a happy summer.  :)

The MFY's really helped the wOe's out by sweeping Toronto!  :P

Even though the AL East sucks this year, it might be a fun year with a proper race....and hopefully no BoSox push.

September could be fun!  The O's have 7 with NY and 6 with Toronto (and some Boston thrown in too...) to finish the season.

September could be fun!  The O's have 7 with NY and 6 with Toronto (and some Boston thrown in too...) to finish the season.

Let's just hope the rest of June and July are fun, or Sep may not matter!

I'll say.

for some reason, Toronto is always a media darling. year in and year out, the national analysts tell us to look out for the Jays. so far what I see is an average team who went on an amazing hot streak. they won something like 12 out of 15 games. and where did they end up? no more than 5 games ahead of the 2 teams that trailed them. now their lead is less than 2 games and they are slipping into their perennial post rocket slide. unless they rebound (and I don't think they will) they will soon be looking up at NY & the O's. maybe even Boston.  

Can we stop pretending we know whether the orioles are a good team yet?

It depends on whether you consider a .500 team to be good or not.

The O's are over .500

Certain players just aren't getting er dun.

Davis, Hardy, Machado are the worst. Losing Matt does not help.

Barely

So are the other two teams in the division over .500. Does that mean there are no good teams in the AL E?

Certain players just aren't getting er dun.

Davis, Hardy, Machado are the worst. Losing Matt does not help.

Hardy doesn't belong on this list. 

Machado has has officially become an offensive liability. as Phil Wood said, we're well past the point where you can use his knee/DL stint to justify his poor offensive production. 

So are the other two teams in the division over .500. Does that mean there are no good teams in the AL E?

Well I just said barely! :)

Maybe the east isn't that great this year.

Hardy doesn't belong on this list.

Machado has has officially become an offensive liability. as Phil Wood said, we're well past the point where you can use his knee/DL stint to justify his poor offensive production.

We need Hardys power and RBIs and for him to stop making so many errors.

Davis is my major disappointment.

What's up, big guy? :(

"Judgement, pitchers figured out how to pitch to me in the 2nd half of last season and I haven't adjusted.  Adam Jones showed me a couple of pointers on how to swing at pitches a foot out of the strike zone and that's contributed to my fine batting average too.  Most importantly, I stopped taking my supplements.  Thanks for asking." 

"Judgement, pitchers figured out how to pitch to me in the 2nd half of last season and I haven't adjusted. Adam Jones showed me a couple of pointers on how to swing at pitches a foot out of the strike zone and that's contributed to my fine batting average too. Most importantly, I stopped taking my supplements. Thanks for asking."

Uh oh....

Too bad Ted Williams died. A few pointers....

We need Hardys power and RBIs and for him to stop making so many errors.

all true