Front page news breaking news..

http://touch.baltimo...e/p2p-80574623/

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yep, guess it was more than just whispers. Wow!

#3 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

That article says a whole lot of nothing beyond the headline... Is there an opening or not?   Dunbar AD says it was posted in error.. very confusing..  

Edited by harcohorns, 20 June 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

That article says a whole lot of nothing beyond the headline... Is there an opening or not?   Dunbar AD says it was posted in error.. very confusing..

To me it sounds like the same thing that Gonzaga did when it was released who their new coach would be. Gonzaga but out a statement saying that they hadn't filled the position and were still in the interviewing process. I think Smith is out of there and maybe they hadn't notified him yet and put the vacancy out there before doting all their i's.

#5 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

Very interesting. Just checked their site and the job announcement is still there. If this was an error, I am sure it would be down by now. Wow. Is Tommy Polley getting the job?

#6 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Smith has confirmed he has been suspended for the upcoming season: http://foxbaltimore....ml#.U6kU6Se9KSM

#7 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

Smith has confirmed he has been suspended for the upcoming season: http://foxbaltimore....ml#.U6kU6Se9KSM

Sounds like Coach Smith has some wishful thinking. Doesn't look like they're looking for an interim coach for a year, they're advertising for a New Head Coach. Maybe with enough community pressure he might get it keep his job but as of now, it looks like he's out of there.

#8 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

I agree that it's wishful thinking that he will be back. Sad story all around.

#9 whoami?

whoami?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

What worries me that if it is true, he is just getting suspended? If this happened anywhere else, the coach would be fired and then sued! Sad story all around is true!

#10 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Perhaps coaches elsewhere who were fired were more directly involved in the questionable activities they were fired over rather than just being the person in charge of a bunch of teenagers ( your little angelic darlings ).  Or as the article stated, the coach failed to maintain control of the players in the locker room.  But it appears that folks with the best information, unlike us, made a decision.  And it looks like they did so base on the issues before them and not what was done cookie cutter elsewhere as you seem to prefer.  Or did I misinterpret your rejoinder!!!

Smith is not the first as we all know.  And he will not be the last, again as I suspect we also may think we know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users