Cervelli, C

Nuno, RHP

#2 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

This guy Nuno sucks, they should win.  We'll see.

#3 Agrippa

Agrippa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Is Adam Jones the best CF in Orioles history ? Better than Blair?

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

Is Adam Jones the best CF in Orioles history ? Better than Blair?

We'll never know how good Paul Blair could have been offensively because he was never the same after being beaned by Ken Tatum in 1970.   Defensively, NO ONE was or is better than Blair.  One of the greatest in the history of the game.  I feel sorry for fans who never got to see him play.

#5 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Cruz!

#6 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

It's nice that Pearce can hit righties now.  Hope that lasts.

#7 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Damn. Now Norris is hurt. We can't catch a break this year.

#8 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Hey Hardy finally hit a home run.  Pretty funny that they all ignored him in the dugout.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,462 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

We'll never know how good Paul Blair could have been offensively because he was never the same after being beaned by Ken Tatum in 1970.   Defensively, NO ONE was or is better than Blair.  One of the greatest in the history of the game.  I feel sorry for fans who never got to see him play.

I never got to see him play. but when I made up my all time O's team, I gave him CF based on the stories that Palmer, Brooks, etc all shared.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Pearce has earned a spot in the everyday lineup. He's making a big difference with this offense even if we sacrifice some defense in the process. This team needs to hit to win.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,462 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Pearce has earned a spot in the everyday lineup. He's making a big difference with this offense even if we sacrifice some defense in the process. This team needs to hit to win.

the nice thing is, they aren't sacrificing any defense. but this is a carbon copy of what Buck did with Nate McLouth and Valencia. he had those 2 guys platooning or barely getting any ABs at all because of his unwavering dedication to the lefty-right match up.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#12 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

the nice thing is, they aren't sacrificing any defense. but this is a carbon copy of what Buck did with Nate McLouth and Valencia. he had those 2 guys platooning or barely getting any ABs at all because of his unwavering dedication to the lefty-right match up.

I've been saying for two years that we need more run producers in the lineup even if it means sacrificing some defense. I'm convinced that we can win if we hit even with the pitching staying the same. That being said Pearce is not a defensive liability but Lough should never see playing time over him like Buck likes to do. Cruz, Young and Pearce should rotate between left and DH everyday with Lough being a late defensive replacement and pinch runner. This offense is better with Pearce playing right now.

Edited by 85Knight, 21 June 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#13 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,784 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Lough is definitely better in the field than Pearce. I don't think this like McLouth/Valencia. Pearce is getting starts against righty pitchers.

#14 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,544 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

We'll never know how good Paul Blair could have been offensively because he was never the same after being beaned by Ken Tatum in 1970. Defensively, NO ONE was or is better than Blair. One of the greatest in the history of the game. I feel sorry for fans who never got to see him play.

I did. Now where's my cane? :)

#15 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I've been saying for two years that we need more run producers in the lineup even if it means sacrificing some defense. I'm convinced that we can win if we hit even with the pitching staying the same. That being said Pearce is not a defensive liability but Lough should never see playing time over him like Buck likes to do. Cruz, Young and Pearce should rotate between left and DH everyday with Lough being a late defensive replacement and pinch runner. This offense is better with Pearce playing right now.

Not really. The O's need more guys that can get on base and put pressure on the pitcher and the defense. Lough's make up was just that - who knew he was going to be such a bad hitter?
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#16 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not really. The O's need more guys that can get on base and put pressure on the pitcher and the defense. Lough's make up was just that - who knew he was going to be such a bad hitter?

You said not really then you went on to say exactly what I said. Run producers do whatever it takes to score runs whether it be bunt, steal, hit for avg., hit HR's, etc.

A good example is what Pearce is doing right now.

Edited by 85Knight, 22 June 2014 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users