Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizmo

White Sox at O's 25 June Game Thread

21 posts in this topic

Man, I thought they were going to send Lough there.

The infielder had the ball when he was rounding third. Really hope he didn't stop just because he fell.

Edited by Gizmo

Taking nothing away from the Os, but I think we also see why CWS are in last place. Grooving one to Nelson Cruz with the bases loaded is not smart, and a wild pitch in extra innings with a guy on third is maybe even worse. But success is making the most of opportunities, and the Birds did that. Good win.

Taking nothing away from the Os, but I think we also see why CWS are in last place. Grooving one to Nelson Cruz with the bases loaded is not smart, and a wild pitch in extra innings with a guy on third is maybe even worse. But success is making the most of opportunities, and the Birds did that. Good win.

that whole comeback hinged on Davis and his AB during the 8th inning. he fouled off tough pitches, and took balls that he has been swinging at recently. he really had a great AB.

To say nothing of the leadoff walk to Hundley.

We'd be seething if an O's reliever managed that.

I tuned in after the rain delay and stayed up to watch it to the end. I'm sure glad I did. My wife's not happy for waking her up when I spontaneously cheered;  but she'll get over it. ;)

Amazing what a couple good at bats that lead to walks can do... hopefully we see more of that going forward.  

Once again pitching kept the Birds in that game 

that whole comeback hinged on Davis and his AB during the 8th inning. he fouled off tough pitches, and took balls that he has been swinging at recently. he really had a great AB.

I saw the replay yesterday afternoon of the good innings.  It was a great 9 pitch walk by Davis.  It was also classic over thinking by the White Sox manager.  Starter put the first 2 batters on and gets pulled.  The first reliever gets the next two to fly out and for some reason gets pulled for Davis.  Should have just left him in.