Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Rays at 0's 27 June Game Thread (Game 1)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Rays lead 2-1 in the third.

Gausman vs.Colome

#2 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Gausman has struggled with his command so far. It might be because he hasn't started in 9 days and needs to be on a regular schedule.

#3 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Gausman has struggled with his command so far. It might be because he hasn't started in 9 days and needs to be on a regular schedule.

Not really sure what the thinking was there.   He was really starting to get into a groove... shame they broke his rhythm.    

I guess it's the way the schedule/rotation worked out. 

#4 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Gets tiresome watching unproductive inning after productive inning offensively.  

I know this lineup isn't built for it but it would be so much more enjoyable to watch a team add runs here and there throughout the game.  

The've been bailed out by the big HR recently but for the most part it appears to be the same old offense that can't hit in it's own ballpark. 

#5 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

aside from the 1st inning, this game has been all TB

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

for those who are at work and can't watch the game, you're better off  -_-

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Why do the Orioles come in and just give up against these mediocre pitchers?
Believe how many games I come in after 4 or 5 innings in theyre being no hit or one hit or two hits. It's just so weird.

#8 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Meanwhile Tampa Bay has very mediocre hitters and they're just teeing off against us. Who is listening to what coach?

#9 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,162 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Blah.  Go for the push with round 2.

#10 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Believe how many games I come in after 4 or 5 innings in theyre being no hit or one hit or two hits. It's just so weird.

That's the million dollar question with this team and it is weird. We have the strangest offense in baseball. It's either real good or real bad and we beat the good pitchers and lose to the bad ones. I always get nervous when we're facing a pitcher I've never heard of.

Edited by 85Knight, 27 June 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#11 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm going to venture that losing Weiters and having Machado Davis and Hardy having such mediocre seasons are huge reasons.

#12 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

whenever I hear that the O's are facing a pitcher who is making his mlb debut, I count it as a loss. it seems like they always lose to those guys (although this wasn't Colome's first game, he's pretty much an unknown).

I guess that's the baseball gods balancing things after the O's beat Tanaka and Sale in back to back games. :D   

#13 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

whenever I hear that the O's are facing a pitcher who is making his mlb debut, I count it as a loss. it seems like they always lose to those guys (although this wasn't Colome's first game, he's pretty much an unknown).

I guess that's the baseball gods balancing things after the O's beat Tanaka and Sale in back to back games. :D   

Also why they hover around .500 instead of being a top team in MLB 

#14 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Also why they hover around .500 instead of being a top team in MLB

We get the ERA below 4.00 but we're in the bottom half of the league in runs scored. Not what was expected from this offense. Very frustrating.

#15 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

MASN could have saved some effort and just replayed the Oriole at-bats from the first game.  

#16 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

When you have three guys that were picked for the All-Star team not even being considered this year, you got a problem. Now I'm talking about our infield. Machado Hardy and Davis aren't even considered for the All-Star team. And that's why we're not a good team.

#17 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

MASN could have saved some effort and just replayed the Oriole at-bats from the first game.

It's crazy. I thought it would be our pitching.

#18 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

When you have three guys that were picked for the All-Star team not even being considered this year, you got a problem. Now I'm talking about our infield. Machado Hardy and Davis aren't even considered for the All-Star team. And that's why we're not a good team.

That's a very good point and probably the biggest difference from last year's team. You can add 2nd base to that too as far as production goes compared to last year. Our entire infield is under performing offensively one way or another.

Edited by 85Knight, 27 June 2014 - 08:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users