8 replies to this topic

#1 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,463 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

For the last couple of years, when watching home games on TV, there is this odd sound when players are batting.  Seems to be for both teams, but more for the Orioles.  It's this weird "neeerrrrp.....neeeerrrpp" sound.  What the hell is this??  Sounds like some retarded bird call or something.  Whatever it is, it's damn annoying and I wish whoever is doing it would STOP.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#2 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

I haven't noticed any odd sound.

Might want to take your medicine. 

;)  :D

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,893 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

I haven't noticed it. but now that you said something, my ADD will no doubt lock in on it and it will drive me crazy. I'll start walking around the streets of Baltimore making the "neeerrrrp.....neeeerrrpp" sound.  :lol: 

I remember a couple of seasons ago, they added an airplane sound effect to accompany their screen swipes. it was sponsored by SW airlines. that drove me batty. I must not have been the only one. mercifully, it didn't last long.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,463 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

This is definitely a sound coming from the crowd, probably behind the plate and being picked up by the mic's aimed at the catcher.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#5 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,893 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

This is definitely a sound coming from the crowd, probably behind the plate and being picked up by the mic's aimed at the catcher.

usually those sounds come from people right under the booth. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#6 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Whatever it is maybe its the reason the O's have had some much trouble scoring at home.  Need to get to the bottom of this.  Could save the season!!  

#7 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,463 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Ok, I WASN'T insane!!!  I discovered the source of the weird sound!

Turns out it's a beer vendor walking around saying "Beer" in a really loud, weird voice.  He came through the section I was in on the third base side tonight.  Haven't heard him on TV in awhile, so I guess he's moved to a new area :)

#8 aurelius

aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

It's the sound of Orioles Magic. It just sounds a little strange after about three decades of being held hostage.

#9 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Ok, I WASN'T insane!!!  I discovered the source of the weird sound!

Turns out it's a beer vendor walking around saying "Beer" in a really loud, weird voice.  He came through the section I was in on the third base side tonight.  Haven't heard him on TV in awhile, so I guess he's moved to a new area :)

Oh crap! I know exactly which guy that is, he has a voice like he just sucked up helium; very odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users