Reimold DFA'd

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

the O's are hoping he will clear waivers so that they can outright him to Norfolk. from what I've been reading, the FO has really been laboring with this decision. DD desperately wants to keep Nolan with the O's.

I just have to scratch my head on this one.  :huh: 

They rolled the dice and gave him $1M thinking he would finally be healthy.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,935 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

I may be the minority in this opinion but I don't think he'll pass through waivers. Not that I'm upset about that. I think some GM is going to look at his numbers when he's healthy and roll the dice like the O's did. He's a cheap gamble

Edited by bmore_ken, 01 July 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

I may be the minority in this opinion but I don't think he'll pass through waivers. Not that I'm upset about that. I think some GM is going to look at his numbers when he's healthy and roll the dice like the O's did. He's a cheap gamble

I agree with you.  Reimold, when healthy, is a quality major league hitter with power.  He proved that several years ago.  And if he does get picked up by another team, it will be kind of sad how his time with the Orioles played out.  A lot of potential brought down by injuries.  It's a shame, really.

#4 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

He won't clear. Too many bad teams could use him. Plus he needs fresh start. 

#5 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

He won't clear. Too many bad teams could use him. Plus he needs fresh start. 

I don't think this is a fresh start situation, because he and the team are happy together. 

I have made a few jokes about Nolan, but it was all in jest. it's really a shame that his body has betrayed him so often. a player that gives quality D, has speed, and can hit for power...man, that's a prize. where ever he ends up, I hope he can play without injury. he really is a talented player.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#6 aurelius

aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

I don't think there's any chance he'll clear waivers. They had to decide which player they don't want out of Reimold, Young or Lough. Lough is the backup CF and he bats left so he had that going for him. It came down to losing Delmon or Nolan. It's not a real head-scratcher, it's just a tough decision. I think I would have kept Reimold if I had to choose.

#7 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Time for him to go.  His potential has long been outweighed by constant injuries.  286 games since 2009.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,856 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Time for him to go.  His potential has long been outweighed by constant injuries.  286 games since 2009.

I agree. if it was just a decision of resign him, or let him walk, that wouldn't be too difficult. but when you have to cut a more reliable player for a guy who is most probably only going to give you a few games, before he goes back on the DL, a contending team shouldn't pick Nolan.

the thing is, he isn't 100% right now. he just isn't injured enough to stay on the DL. 

#9 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,400 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Good luck to him, either in AAA or with someone else.

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Maybe he can go start a baseball academy with David Segui...

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#11 Tootsie

Tootsie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

Was he claimed?

#12 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

We should get rid of Davis and keep Reimold.
So disappointed in Davis. I really thought he was going be a great oriole someone really fun to watch and he's really turned into quite the bust

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

The Chris Davis of the first half of 2013 was SO FAR above his career norms, it was completely unrealistic to expect him to be "that guy" for the next few years.  He actually had a tough stretch his 3rd and some of his 4th year in TEX.  Granted, .201 is terrible, but I don't think he's that guy permanently either.  I'll credit Duquette and company for not overpaying him based on the 2013 season (though the Orioles rarely overpay for excessively good production).  Just hope he turns in to a .250-.260 ish, 30-ish HR guy.  He seems slow to adjust to big changes in how folks pitch him.  Right now, start a breaking ball AT him and get it over the plate... and he's not swinging.  He's biting on stuff that starts at the plate and falls away.  It's a mental thing.

Reimold's issues are both mental and physical.  No point in holding out hope any longer there, in my opinion.

Edited by Ravens2006, 06 July 2014 - 12:37 PM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#14 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,744 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

claimed by toronto

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#15 Tootsie

Tootsie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Toronto activated Reimold, Encarnacion is on DL

#16 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Toronto is now doing the same thing the Browns do to the Ravens which is trying to grab our players to make us weaker. How ironic is it that Pearce turned them down and is now turning out to be the difference between the two teams.

#17 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

We should get rid of Davis and keep Reimold.
So disappointed in Davis. I really thought he was going be a great oriole someone really fun to watch and he's really turned into quite the bust

You should change your name to "the Bad Judgement".... you are way too quick to jump off of the Davis bandwagon.

He will be fine, and he will probably have a good second half.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#18 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,400 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hope he can stay healthy in Toronto.

#19 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Maybe he can go start a baseball academy with David Segui...

Exactly!

#20 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

You should change your name to "the Bad Judgement".... you are way too quick to jump off of the Davis bandwagon.

He will be fine, and he will probably have a good second half.

Lol I probably deserved that! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users