• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

How do you rate the Orioles speed overall? I don't know enough about them to say for sure. And how do they rate in comparison to other teams in the American League and in the Majors?

I know they are considered a station to station team and that Lough is considered the fastest on the team and probably their only speed player. I'm guessing they are considered slow overall, and probably very slow.

I know Davis has decent speed for his size. I would guess that Jones has decent speed, but it may be just decent at best or maybe average. Where does Markakis fit? I'm guessing he had decent speed at one time but is now medium at best. How about Machado? Is he slow?

Is there a team or teams that are slower than the Orioles? Or are they just average?

#2 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

At the risk of weighing in on something I know nothing about, speed doesn't seem to be the Orioles' long suit. You need not run that fast when the ball comes down in the stands.

#3 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

They have good enough speed for rounding the bases, but they do not have base stealing speed. AJ, Davis, Machado, Hardy, Schoop, Nick, and Pearce are all reasonably fast. Hardy and Nick are probably the slowest of the group, just from the eye test.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#4 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

I sure wish Hardy would stop taking a dump on the way to first base.

He makes Brooks Robinson look like Jessie Owens.

Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#5 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

yeah, he has to be the slowest runner in the league. Ortiz looked faster trying to leg out that single into a double the other day.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#6 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

I've seen infielders dive deep in the hole, roll over, get up and throw to 1st on a bounce. When the camera pans over Hardy's out by 2 steps.

This team has no team speed except for Lough who doesn't get on enough to make a big difference. This is a station to station team except for Jones who runs the bases really well.

Edited by 85Knight, 08 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

I've seen infielders dive deep in the hole, roll over, get up and throw to 1st on a bounce. When the camera pans over Hardy's out by 2 steps.

This team has no team speed except for Lough who doesn't get on enough to make a big difference. This is a station to station team except for Jones who runs the bases really well.

when Lough got that triple last night, all of birdland must have had the same thought I had...imagine if he could get on base enough to use that speed with regularity. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users