Jones, CF

Cruz, DH

Davis, 1B

hardy, SS

Manny, 3B

Josepg, C

Schoop, 2B

Chen, LHP

Adam Jones hitting to the opposite field is beautiful.

I criticized Adam in the beginning of the year for his continued lack of plate discipline, but the last few months he has imo really made much improvement. He even stated publicly that he was consciously trying to cut down on the worst of his free swinging.  And as I have said many times on here, when Adam goes to RF it's just a thing of beauty the way the ball comes off his bat.

4-0 O's now in the fourth.

Edited by Gizmo

Adam Jones hitting to the opposite field is beautiful.

I criticized Adam in the beginning of the year for his continued lack of plate discipline, but the last few months he has imo really made much improvement. He even stated publicly that he was consciously trying to cut down on the worst of his free swinging. And as I have said many times on here, when Adam goes to RF it's just a thing of beauty the way the ball comes off his bat.

4-0 O's now in the fourth.

I remember all of those comments, some of them mine. He's such a great hitter when he takes that pitch to right or lays off of it altogether.

I remember all of those comments, some of them mine. He's such a great hitter when he takes that pitch to right or lays off of it altogether.

I posted that he might struggle this year because of his free swinging ways. To his credit he has proved me wrong. His .304 average is good for 7th in the AL right now.

Crap. Chen with a sixth inning meltdown.

4-3 O's now. Nats still batting.

Our offense is offensive tonight. It's all on the bullpen from this point on.

O's win 4-3. Thankfully that little squibber down the 3b line by Rendon that stayed fair didn't hurt them.

Edited by Gizmo

Good game. Great win. The Nats are tough, this would be a great World Series matchup.

Buck wasn't too happy with Jayson Werth stalling in the 9th with the rain coming down. Read Buck's lips:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2F538FF9C11099199579586723840_25e5e1c78f5.1.1.18146038341747217897.mp4?versionId=OJLiIOsGXj3KyrdrQTwaLM565Y2erfAZ

it's obvious that Buck was just quoting his favorite line of dialogue from the movie Se7en 

What's in the box!

it's obvious that Buck was just quoting his favorite line of dialogue from the movie Se7en 

What's in the box!

Certainly not Werth. "Get the f*** in the box!"

Certainly not Werth. "Get the f*** in the box!"

I chuckle at those types of moments, when individuals do those little things to get under the skin of an opposing player or team. but at the same time, it also comes off as petty. If, as Gary Thorne suggested, Werth was doing it to maybe throw Zach off his rhythm, then I commend him. tying run on 1st with 2 outs in the 9th, yep, do whatever you can to gain an advantage.   

Nice series win.  Now take care of the Skanks, and go into the break on a serious roll :)