• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,480 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Is there a more underappreciated player on the team? The guy just gets it done, year in and year out. And as Buck as noted, he now defends himself much better against left handed batters (.250 BA for LHB, .198 BA for RHB). The rest of  his stats:

40.2 IP

31 H

10 BB

42 SO

2 HR

1.02 WHIP (second only to Britton's miniscule 0.91)

.215 OBA (again second to Britton's .184)

Plus, he rides a unicycle. What's not to like?

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'd really like to hear TX explain why they put him on waivers. his ERA and BB-K ratio were both very good while he was with them. I was able to piece together that in 64 appearances in 2009, he allowed 15 inherited runners to score. but I don't know how many he stranded.

either he learned something new after coming to Baltimore, or the O's lucked up and got him at the perfect time. either way, I'm happy he's here.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 alienrace

alienrace

Destroyer of Trolls and B.S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,054 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

He's been stellar for the O's.  Always feel pretty secure when he comes to the mound.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#4 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Highly Sophisticated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,895 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

His ERA is actually higher than it should be because of two occasions where Buck idiotically pulled him with a runner on and 2 outs in favor of Brian Matusz, who promptly coughed up that run immediately.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,526 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

He can stay on the team as long as he likes. With that funky delivery and low torque on his arm, I'd wager he stays in the league for another 10 years.
The kids are alright.

#6 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

The Irish can only survive by being extremely sneaky...

#7 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,003 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'd really like to hear TX explain why they put him on waivers. his ERA and BB-K ratio were both very good while he was with them. I was able to piece together that in 64 appearances in 2009, he allowed 15 inherited runners to score. but I don't know how many he stranded.

either he learned something new after coming to Baltimore, or the O's lucked up and got him at the perfect time. either way, I'm happy he's here.

They liked him but he had hip then shoulder problems and when it came time to assemble the 40 man he didn't make the cut. Maybe they thought he would get hurt again.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

They liked him but he had hip then shoulder problems and when it came time to assemble the 40 man he didn't make the cut. Maybe they thought he would get hurt again.

thanks Jimmy

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

The Irish can only survive by being extremely sneaky...

as a Mick, I can laugh at that joke. but here's something I learned while at an O's game last summer. he's not Irish. he's Polish. when his people came over, no one around them could pronounce Odachowski. it morphed into something that sounded like Oday, so they started calling themselves O'day. when he was born, his parents just put that name on his cert. 

I liked him better before I knew that  :P

kidding, of course 

#10 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

as a Mick, I can laugh at that joke. but here's something I learned while at an O's game last summer. he's not Irish. he's Polish. when his people came over, no one around them could pronounce Odachowski. it morphed into something that sounded like Oday, so they started calling themselves O'day. when he was born, his parents just put that name on his cert. 

I liked him better before I knew that  :P

kidding, of course 

I was a quote from something I saw on TV. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users