#1 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

http://www.maxpreps....8e-95b970485860

Gilman, ECA, and Dematha represented...

Still hearing tho that the Taylor kid maybe thinking about ECA...

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

http://www.maxpreps....8e-95b970485860
Gilman, ECA, and Dematha represented...
Still hearing tho that the Taylor kid maybe thinking about ECA...

Dejuan Ellis is also from Maryland, he just decided to go to O'Connell. Most lists I've seen, has him as a top 5 recruit nationally. The kid is a baller. Vincent from Gilman is a DL not OL though. I also thought the Leddie Brown kid that's going to ECA was a RB. I haven't seen the Taylor kid play but have heard some good things about him on the field. I know he use to attend Red Lion/ECA, I had heard that he now lives in Md closer to DeMatha. So either he lives in MD and would have an insane commute to ECA or vice versa.

#3 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

I think it's insane to rank/offer kids before they've played a varsity snap. As big schools start recruiting younger and younger, you're going to see a lot of late bloomers slip through the cracks and end up playing FCS, DII or DIII and end up being much better players than kids who were ranked highly as a 14-yr old and hit a wall developmentally.

#4 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

I think it's insane to rank/offer kids before they've played a varsity snap. As big schools start recruiting younger and younger, you're going to see a lot of late bloomers slip through the cracks and end up playing FCS, DII or DIII and end up being much better players than kids who were ranked highly as a 14-yr old and hit a wall developmentally.

Early rankings / offers very minimally if at all adversely impact college recruitment.  After all, they are only rankings and offers.  Players as you know are not signed until they are high school seniors even if recruited and offered out of the womb.  "Late bloomers" are picked up at the end when all players are finally selected from the one offer offered to 10 or more kids with the same skill set for a particular position..  And lets face reality, NOT all good or even great players are selected for a top flight scholarship.  Moreover, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with going FCS, DII, or even DIII.  In fact, most of the scholarships, financial aid packages, and other opportunities, some of which are better than D1 offers, are at the lower levels.  Besides, kids / parents need to decide if the want to go D1 with a great chance of not significantly playing for the first two-years if at all or go to the lower levels and play and experience a lot more.

We do a great disservice of perpetuating the greatness myth of D1 play.  There is an awful lot of great value in DII , DIII, NAIA, and even JuCo.  Don't blow them off if being a student-athlete is truly the desire.

This is NOT for debate with us here in the peanut gallery but rather for you student-athletes who read this forum.  Good luck kids!

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

I definitely think it's insane to offer kids before they've played a down on Varsity. But unfortunately it's the world we live in now. They even have a website now that ranks the middle schoolers by number of offers they have. Taron Vincent has the second most offers.

http://www.rankbyoff.../2018fbplayers/

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 19 July 2014 - 03:52 AM.

#6 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

How many of these kids are high school redshirt freshman lol.

#7 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

McEagles / GA

I don't see what you two think it's so insane to offer kids who as you say haven't played a single down of high school football.

These kids just didn't fall out of cribs.  Many, most, perhaps all of the them have been playing high level youth ball for many years.  These are the very kids who will be playing downs of high school football and they are playing and have been playing with and against other kids who will be playing downs of high school football and even college downs on Saturdays in the future.

No one talks more about up and coming talents years before anyone knows about them at the high school level than GA himself.  How do you know of these kids from all over????  Many of the kids play locally and even have played in distant states against other similar top flight youth programs.  Here is even a 2018 class comparison mock NFL draft:

http://youth1.com/in...rade-draft-1-16

Look at the these youths from all around the country including Maryland and your Taron Vincent and others.  Look at the interviews of these kids.

Go out and see some of their own YouTube, Hudl, and other video sites and links and see their world.  I don't particularly like it BUT many of us are party to creating it like many of you want to here blame coaches and schools with the offers.  Some kid(s) or colleges did not create the website you see just above nor the rankings site HSFB referenced initially.  But we cannot take away the fact that many of the kids who receive offers without haven't played a single high school down have in fact played many downs otherwise and that based upon who are on the main stage of colleges, these kids are measured or assessed and thus offer triggers are pulled early on many of them.  And these kids know what's going on at what will be the next level for them in high school.  Look at Raymond Boone's interview I believe where he said he wanted to attend McNamara but "..some things are going down there so he is keeping his options opened..."  Geeezzzz, this is an 8th-grader!!!

Edited by DayWalker, 19 July 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#8 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Boone kid is good light up my sons hamilton team, but I thought he was going to Dematha to

#9 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Yeah I agree with Day... It's crazy because it's new, it will be the norm to offer middle school athletes until the NCAA puts a stop to it...

Btw GA... The Brown kid is a RB/S

#10 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Boone kid is good light up my sons hamilton team, but I thought he was going to Dematha to

:D   Doesn't Raymond Boone ( facially ) look like Michael Irvine of the dallas Kowgirls....

#11 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Lmao but yea

:D Doesn't Raymond Boone ( facially ) look like Michael Irvine of the dallas Kowgirls....

#12 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

Here is even a 2018 class comparison mock NFL draft:

http://youth1.com/in...rade-draft-1-16

Look at the these youths from all around the country including Maryland and your Taron Vincent and others.  Look at the interviews of these kids.

RIDICULOUS MOCK DRAFT

Edited by First_Down, 20 July 2014 - 07:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users