#1 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

http://sports.yahoo..../rank-3512/2016

Few Maryland Guys Made the list...

Most notably at No.15 St.Frances Rashaun Smith rated a 5 star, I just don't under how he is a 5 star I've seen him in camp and he is a beast, but I've also saw him against ECA (against both our OTs) and he was a complete non factor, and looked like he shouldn't have been on the field.

#2 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

That dude has no business being anywhere in the top 100 nationally

#3 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

They should really just change the name of the list to "Top 100 COMBINE PERFORMERS"

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Just laughable!

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

They should really just change the name of the list to "Top 100 COMBINE PERFORMERS"

You are 100 percent correct.

#6 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

They (all the recruiting sites) have been on him since his 8th grade year so since he keeps dominating their events they must hype him up

#7 dunkone

dunkone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

i just continue to hope that kids don't get too caught up by these lists(especially the ones that may not have done it all on varsity yet)....i still find myself laughing (inside) at how some of hem actually look with pads on in a real game...many of them are simply not yet the best players when they hit the field

Edited by dunkone, 28 July 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#8 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

You all are darn right!!  No way can we have a top 100 national list and it have other local players other than the very best D-Llineman ever in Maryland at The G.....  :lol:

#9 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I thought Smith has to sit out this year because he went from CHC to St. Frances. Is that no longer the case?

#10 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I thought Smith has to sit out this year because he went from CHC to St. Frances. Is that no longer the case?

No one knows yet but that wouldn't matter. He still would be in the Class of 2016, he just wouldn't play this year.

#11 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

These so-called MIAA rules are SO CONFUSING!  What do you mean by nobody knows yet or that doesn't matter?  If the rules say a player must sit if one transfers within the MIAA, then what's the hangup??????  Surely you privates can read, understand/interpret your own rules.  It's not like you all are not in a league without a commissioner and you all are just wingin' it and doing as each of you independently please!  Or is that really the case within the great MIAA and that no one knows and it wouldn't matter?

Say this is NOT the great MIAA!!!!  :confused:

#12 HollywoodCowboy

HollywoodCowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Just read the story on this and I find it interesting they didn’t bring up the whole thing about him having to sit out.  I know the coach wants all these kids their so he can pump his profile and go on all these recruiting trips with them.  I watched all the coaches act like a bunch of jack**** as they got smashed by FCA and DeMatha, the whole staff is garbage.  Don't want to hate on the player because he's just doing his thing and taking advantage of the system.  I just hope when he steps on campus he has a little humility and is humble.   If he goes in there with a huge head to equal with his 2 star performance to date these schools aren’t going to be so understanding.  

#13 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

My favorite part of the article was this gem:

"It was a surprise to have him come to our program but to see him be where he's at, I'm not that surprised, because you saw an upward trend with him" Hailemariam said.

I'm sure it was a huge surprise and that Smith just fell into the lap of SFA.

#14 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

LTC Kilgore ~~ Apocalypse Now:  "...I love the smell of napalm in the morning..."

The DayWalker ~~ SunSpot Today:  "... I love the sight and sound of HATE / ENVY in the air on this board..."

The Horror....The Horror

#15 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

What is the background/ coaching history of this guy from St. Francis- Hailemarium? Where did he coach prior to this outlaw program? And is there ANY substance to rumors that a certain fellow wealthy HFC is financially supporting SFA tuitions?

#16 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

What is the background/ coaching history of this guy from St. Francis- Hailemarium? Where did he coach prior to this outlaw program? And is there ANY substance to rumors that a certain fellow wealthy HFC is financially supporting SFA tuitions?

You're obviously talking about Coach Poggi. It's well known that Biff was very instrumental in the building of the SFA program. He once was on the board at the school. I don't know if he is paying kids tuition at SFA but what people don't know is that he has paid for many kids tuitions over the years at various MIAA schools. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

#17 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

The rest of the Rivals 250 has been published. Here are the MD players on the list:

#110- J.P. Uriquidez, DeMatha(new transfer from Texas)

#116- Tino Ellis, DeMatha

#153- Keandre Jones, Good Counsel

#155- Terrance Davis, DeMatha

#167- Devery Hamilton, Gilman

#172- Trevon Diggs, Wooton/Avalon?

#186- Dele Harding, ECA

#201- Steven Smothers, Franklin

#203- Eric Burrell, McDonogh

#243- Ellison Jordan, Gilman

This is a record number of players on the Rivals list. I couldn't disagree more with the order of the rankings. Nevertheless, congrats to all of these young men. Being named as one of the Top 250 players in the whole country is a hell of an achievement.

#18 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

The list stacked full of privates like mostly always only to have them do that disappearing act I always mention at the next level and beyond.  Yeah, a great achievement but it seems if one makes a name for themselves in youth ball where they just run around and jump on each other, then the hotshot privates select and bring them in, then that's more than half of the way to make it to some top 100, 250, 500 national list.  The real caliber of play, particularly increasing caliber of play comes later if at all.  And it usually doesn't when I measure it against the NFL draft and undrafted free agents.

The real top 250 are probably not even on this popularity 250 name list.  Hold on to the list and compare it years from now like such lists from years ago.  And see the disappearance acts!

#19 HollywoodCowboy

HollywoodCowboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

The list stacked full of privates like mostly always only to have them do that disappearing act I always mention at the next level and beyond.  Yeah, a great achievement but it seems if one makes a name for themselves in youth ball where they just run around and jump on each other, then the hotshot privates select and bring them in, then that's more than half of the way to make it to some top 100, 250, 500 national list.  The real caliber of play, particularly increasing caliber of play comes later if at all.  And it usually doesn't when I measure it against the NFL draft and undrafted free agents.

The real top 250 are probably not even on this popularity 250 name list.  Hold on to the list and compare it years from now like such lists from years ago.  And see the disappearance acts!

Sounds like you have a lot of hate/envy towards privates and any private players that get any pub.  What's your story I see you're on here always bangin away at these kids and leagues.  Think you got your *** handed to you one too many times by a private or mad because no private wanted you or you didn’t get in.  

Edited by HollywoodCowboy, 30 July 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#20 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

So you're interested in the story of The DayWalker mr. 2-poster!  You want to know about me 2-poster!  Well, I ain't really nobody 2-poster; don't threat over me 2-poster.  Like Bunk Moreland of the The Wire once said 2-poster, " ... I'm just a humble mofo with a big @zz dic.  Well, maybe I ain't all that humble..."

The DayWalker, Blade

Come Walk With Me 2-poster...  :angry:

But that can be Fatal 2-poster

Edited by DayWalker, 30 July 2014 - 07:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users