Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

O's 29 July Game Thread

105 posts in this topic

Chris Davis sits and Delmon Young gets another start. Can't say I disagree!

Delmon Young is serving as the Orioles' designated hitter for the third time in five games. He's 5-for-9 with a three-run homer in his last three appearances and is 4-for-15 (.267) with a homer and two RBIs in his career against Angels right-hander Jered Weaver.

Chris Davis is starting the night on the bench after going hitless in seven at-bats over his last two games to see his average dip to .199. Davis is just 7-for-34 (.206) in his career against Weaver.

For the Orioles
Nick Markakis RF
Manny Machado 3B
Adam Jones CF
Nelson Cruz LF
Delmon Young DH
J.J. Hardy SS
Steve Pearce 1B
Ryan Flaherty 2B
Nick Hundley C

Chris Tillman RHP

I'm glad to see Buck do something before it's too late. We can't keep waiting for Davis when he looks this bad. This division is looking stronger by the day and we can't let up now.

They just played these guys, come on.  When do they get the Red Sox again?

Exactly... then it's Seattle again.  Meanwhile Yankees playing the Rangers and Toronto gets Boston. 

Exactly... then it's Seattle again.  Meanwhile Yankees playing the Rangers and Toronto gets Boston. 

Presumably it all works out and everyone plays everyone the same, it's just annoying to see the same teams right after seeing them.

Presumably it all works out and everyone plays everyone the same, it's just annoying to see the same teams right after seeing them.

For sure.  And definitely a challenge to come out of the All-Star break with the O's schedule have had. 

My opinion is that with the double wild card mlb should either chuck interleague or the unbalanced schedule. It's not fair that some teams get to pad their numbers against the astros while other teams face the yanks, rays, and jays

My opinion is that with the double wild card mlb should either chuck interleague or the unbalanced schedule. It's not fair that some teams get to pad their numbers against the astros while other teams face the yanks, rays, and jays

Very good point after seeing what the O's did on the west coast. I question if those records are padded when you play the Rangers and the Astros who might be the 2 worst teams in the league.

Well we're stuck with interleague for now what with 15 teams in each league.  I like having 5 teams in each division, the previous thing with 6 teams in the NL Central and 4 in the AL West was stupid.  So yeah, get rid of the unbalanced schedule.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz