Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zenwalk

Docs vs Glocks: Latest Florida Gun Abomination

46 posts in this topic

It's now illegal for doctors to ask about the role guns may have played in their patient's gunshot wounds. Thank you NRA/Repubs/Morons.

A court ruling upholding a Florida law that discourages doctors from asking patients about gun ownership is stoking alarm among some medical professionals, who view such questions as part of basic patient care.

Last Friday, in a 2-1 ruling, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta reversed a federal judge in Miami, who struck down the law in 2012 saying that the statute infringed on doctors' free-speech rights.

The two-judge majority found that the main purpose of the law, signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott in 2011, isn't to regulate speech, but to improve the quality of medical care.

The law, the court said, doesn't ban doctors from asking patients about guns, but only cautions against it "when doing so would be irrelevant to patients' medical care."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/court-ruling-discouraging-doctors-from-asking-about-guns-sparks-concerns-1406582983

It's now illegal for doctors to ask about the role guns may have played in their patient's gunshot wounds. 

Lie. (2 of them in the same sentence).

#1 - it's not illegal, your own post says as much.

#2 - all gunshot wounds are questioned by medical personnel and law enforcement.

Funny, with all the gun control losses mounting and adding up the grabnuts are so desperate they'll post anything ("The NRA Is Hiding Under My Bed!!!)

Meanwhile, gun rights continue to advance forward.

More doctors should be asking the questions not less.

Zen -

Do you think it's appropriate for a doctor, during a routine exam, to ask if there are guns in the home ?

2nd amendment beats the 1st, wow.

Adam Lanza's wet dream.

What are they sooo afraid of that they even considered passing this law?

2nd amendment beats the 1st, wow.

Adam Lanza's wet dream.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

The 1st and 2nd are equally important.

Doctors are responsible for healthcare. They have no business asking about gun ownership. That is as it should be. 

Zen -

Do you think it's appropriate for a doctor, during a routine exam, to ask if there are guns in the home ?

I draw the line at giving doctor's diagrams of the house, the alarm code and the locations marked with an X.

Doctors are responsible for healthcare. They have no business asking about gun ownership. That is as it should be. 

/thread.

Or at least, it should be.

Statistics show that a gun in the home can be hazardous to your health.

A good warning label for guns.

A chainsaw could be hazardous to your health. Neither chainsaws nor guns are inhaled, consumed, or otherwise introduced into the body through normal use.

Statistics show that ignorance in the home leads to a bunch of girly offspring.

Keep on preachin', hst.

A chainsaw could be hazardous to your health. Neither chainsaws nor guns are inhaled, consumed, or otherwise introduced into the body through normal use.

Yeah, what do the statistics say?

Yeah, what do the statistics say?

Statistics say that a lot of people die in car accidents. Do doctors ask about their patient's driving habits?

Statistics show that ignorance in the home leads to a bunch of girly offspring.

Keep on preachin', hst.

LOl! Fearful of gun confiscations. Clutching one's gun for protection.. You can't get much girlier" than that. I know, let's build a crazy macho myth about, for the suckers.

Statistics say that a lot of people die in car accidents. Do doctors ask about their patient's driving habits?

Fine with me, if they do. I LIKE saving lives.

Fine with me, if they do. I LIKE saving lives.

They don't. It's not their business, nor are they experts in curtailing aggressive driving behavior. Same with guns. As it should be.

They don't. It's not their business, nor are they experts in curtailing aggressive driving behavior. Same with guns. As it should be.

I can absolutely imagine a doctor asking a parent about the car seat for the kid, etc. it only makes sense, and it's fine with me. I'm not paranoid.

I can absolutely imagine a doctor asking a parent about the car seat for the kid, etc. it only makes sense, and it's fine with me. I'm not paranoid.

If you cannot differentiate between a car seat in the car and a gun in the home, then you are seriously stupid beyond imagination.

If you cannot differentiate between a car seat in the car and a gun in the home, then you are seriously stupid beyond imagination.

Quite the antithesis, the similarities are obvious, for anyone willing to see them.

Zen -

Do you think it's appropriate for a doctor, during a routine exam, to ask if there are guns in the

home ?

I think it's fine for a pediatrician or GP to review basic safety measures with new parents: keeping cleaning products out of reach, car

seats, blocking electrical outlets and yes keeping guns locked up.

You would be surprised how uncommon common sense can be.

An adult in the course of an exam, of course not. Though maybe in the case of taking in an elderly parent there should be some sort of similar review.

What do you think?

So if a doctor dares to use his freedom of speech, does he get shot now?  :rolleyes: