• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

I think that the folks in the US Senate should have more important things to be concerned about.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5639565.html

#2 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

I think that the folks in the US Senate should have more important things to be concerned about.

Maybe their letter should have been addressed to the NJ DA office.

#3 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,907 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Three senators, two from Connecticut and one from Wisconsin, actually think they have anything of importance to say on this issue?

Maybe we should just execute Raymell Mourice Rice on national TV and get it over with. :rolleyes:

Edited by Baltimatt, 01 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#4 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,549 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Three senators, two from Connecticut and one from Wisconsin, actually think they have anything of importance to say on this issue?

Maybe we should just execute Raymell Mourice Rice on national TV and get it over with. :rolleyes:

Pure grandstanding by some attention mongers who don't have a clue.

As said above. Why don't they go after the NJ state prosecuter who didn't even take Ray to trial? 

#5 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Ray Rice said he made a mistake but nobody outside of those who have interviewed Ray and Janay know what happened. His penalties were determined based on the facts of the case. You don't punish an individual beyond his circumstances to make a point for your cause, even if it is a good cause. These senators are a bunch political posers responding to the outrage on the twittersphere, and that is not justice. They need to apologize for their statements to Ray, the Ravens, and the NFL. They won't. Senators ought to pay attention to the despicable job they're doing in running the country.

#6 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

So know someone can go through the legal system, be judged by their peers and employer and still have congressmen asking for more? Hmmm... this is borderline communism.

#7 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

So know someone can go through the legal system, be judged by their peers and employer and still have congressmen asking for more? Hmmm... this is borderline communism.

communism? hardly. it's pandering/brown-nosing to the whims of the public (anarchy is a better analogy). communism is indifference to it. the question is, which is worse? neither represents optimal governance. you may want to invest in some education via a course in political science.

#8 Hoot

Hoot

Not A Mod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,710 posts
  • LocationRavenstown

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

I really wish the "Like This" button worked..

#9 demopublican

demopublican

Insert Member Title Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,259 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Just political grandstanding.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#10 demopublican

demopublican

Insert Member Title Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,259 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

https://the-constitu...john-p-sarbanes

SARBANES of maryland in the house of representatives Tuesday, April 9, 2013 Mr. SARBANES. Mr. Speaker, I rise today to submit this poem on behalf of a constituent in my district honoring the Baltimore Ravens for their Super Bowl XLVII win.

Fear the Raven, Something To Rave About! (By Albert Carey Caswell) The . . . The Fire . . . The Unforgettable Fire! When, hearts and souls, and bodies and minds, so meet for but one desire! But, for one goal to so take them all higher! For no other team sport, has such passion and such fire! Or so depends upon their Band of Brothers, to so fashion victory from within themselves to be so inspired! Well, maybe when a great leader says he's going to retire! Feel The Fire! As a child a time ago, stepping out upon those fields of green as so . . .

As a dream few of us will know! To play in The Super Bowl! And to stand on that National stage, as all around you this war is waged! Is but Something To Rave About! For it was in those long hot days of summer, that this great bond was so formed as they encumbered! As against all odds they fought on, young and old, the rookies and Pros . . .

As all around them, the smell of fear in the air stood close! For only a few on opening day, in that uniform shall so be clothed! As its competition at its very height, that which so makes their great hearts shine so bright! And now as it all so comes down to this, 60 minutes, either heartache or bliss! To wear that Super Bowl ring, and hold that Lombardi Trophy up high and sing! ``And shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond in the sky,'' with but tears in your eyes . . .

Edited by Baltimatt, 01 August 2014 - 06:40 PM.
Too long a quote

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#11 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Now the Maryland Dems are sticking their collective noses into it.

They're in full pander mode for the women's vote.

5 from Maryland congressional delegation call for harsher punishment for Rice

Read more: http://www.baltimore...y#ixzz39ETrZl5z

#12 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

In 2005 Congress took the lead on steroids and I thank them for that.

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,191 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Saw a report on ESPN the other day where Kenny Mayne did a long summary of the backlash against the NFL's punishment and mentioned how the "State of Maryland" chose not to pursue more.

So, so well informed...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#14 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Ray Rice said he made a mistake but nobody outside of those who have interviewed Ray and Janay know what happened. His penalties were determined based on the facts of the case. You don't punish an individual beyond his circumstances to make a point for your cause, even if it is a good cause. These senators are a bunch political posers responding to the outrage on the twittersphere, and that is not justice. They need to apologize for their statements to Ray, the Ravens, and the NFL. They won't. Senators ought to pay attention to the despicable job they're doing in running the country.

Outstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users