• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 confused fan

confused fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

1. Are you serious?  Jamison Hensley gave J. Flacco a “C” as a letter grade for training camp so far. 

http://espn.go.com/b...altimore-ravens

This leads to instant pessimism for this upcoming season especially after a bad season last year.  The $120 million dollar quarterback opted not to work with his receivers in the offseason after a not so good prior season. I guess he learns from the best culprits of “Playing not like you get paid” H. Ngata and T-Sizzle. Vegas gave him the same odds of obtaining an MVP as Johnny Football. He’s still not motivated?  Terrible…………………

2. Is the Wizard of Oz and front office losing their touch?  It seems like Matt Elam is being labeled as “average” and not a playmaker. Author Brown cannot beat out a 32 year old linebacker. Terrance Brooks is on the third team?  No viable third-defensive back at this point? Really? Bring back Frank Walker………The number of probowl players drafted by the Ravens is dwindling.

3. How long will this last? Steve Smith Sr. is having an impressive camp according to various reports. He is 35, so the question is how long will this last?  If Joe Flacco continues to be a “C” quarterback, how long would it take for agent #89 to rock him in the face?  Suggs starts out strong but disappears during the course of the season. It seems like Dumervil is starting his disappearing act early.

4.  Did the so called “trouble makers” from the past get in trouble (off the field) at the same rate as the current “team players” that are on Harbaugh’s roster?  Easy answer-NO!

5. Will not stocking up on offensive playmakers haunt the Ravens?  There was a lot of offensive talent available this past draft and free agency. The Ravens opted to go defense despite having a 30th ranked offense last year. Bringing in Kubiak was a start but he cannot be on the field during game day.  According to reports, Pierce is the best looking back right now? Can he stay healthy for the duration of a game?  Rice was declining before last season and this offseason.  Offensive line upgrade, nope. Marlon Brown is going backwards, at this point, I wish the Ravens were honest as the Philadelphia 76ers with their intentions.

Edited by confused fan, 06 August 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,795 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

While Mosley does appear to be the real deal, the questions surrounding A Brown, Elam, and Brooks do appear to be valid.

As far as Joe goes...I'll take Kubiak's grades over Hensley's any day. And so far, Kubiak is giving Joe high grades. And the first preseason game hasn't even happened yet. So I'm sure things will be okay with Joe. The rest, especially a Pees-led defense...I'm not so sure. (And BTW...what dusty archive did you did that grade from Hensley anyway? I certainly haven't seen any recent assessment of Joe by Hensley.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 06 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Clearly Hensley is being a troll. The dead giveaway is the BS about Joe Flacco not working in the off-season with his receivers, which obviously ignores the fact that the Ravens had a new coach they were not allowed to meet and a new offense they knew nothing about. But if you want to underestimate Joe Flacco, be my guest. I agree with OCF that I will take Kubiak's assessment, as well as Dennison's. The PC jockeys have decided that Flacco cannot do it, I guess based on last season. While Joe certainly contributed to that very poor offensive showing, by no means did that disaster start or end with him. The whole offense was a patchwork of old plans of unsuccessful Offensive Coordinators, with severe lack of talent and coaching at running back, TE, WR and most especially the atrocious OL. How anyone with any sense can lay all that at Flacco's feet is beyond me. They now have a fresh start with a new, consistent offensive plan, much healthier players, and a hunger born of last year's embarrassment. I look for Joe to surprise - no, astonish - these narrow view critics.  

#4 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

1. Are you serious?  Jamison Hensley gave J. Flacco a “C” as a letter grade for training camp so far. 

http://espn.go.com/b...altimore-ravens

This leads to instant pessimism for this upcoming season especially after a bad season last year.  The $120 million dollar quarterback opted not to work with his receivers in the offseason after a not so good prior season. I guess he learns from the best culprits of “Playing not like you get paid” H. Ngata and T-Sizzle. Vegas gave him the same odds of obtaining an MVP as Johnny Football. He’s still not motivated?  Terrible…………………

2. Is the Wizard of Oz and front office losing their touch?  It seems like Matt Elam is being labeled as “average” and not a playmaker. Author Brown cannot beat out a 32 year old linebacker. Terrance Brooks is on the third team?  No viable third-defensive back at this point? Really? Bring back Frank Walker………The number of probowl players drafted by the Ravens is dwindling.

3. How long will this last? Steve Smith Sr. is having an impressive camp according to various reports. He is 35, so the question is how long will this last?  If Joe Flacco continues to be a “C” quarterback, how long would it take for agent #89 to rock him in the face?  Suggs starts out strong but disappears during the course of the season. It seems like Dumervil is starting his disappearing act early.

4.  Did the so called “trouble makers” from the past get in trouble (off the field) at the same rate as the current “team players” that are on Harbaugh’s roster?  Easy answer-NO!

5. Will not stocking up on offensive playmakers haunt the Ravens?  There was a lot of offensive talent available this past draft and free agency. The Ravens opted to go defense despite having a 30th ranked offense last year. Bringing in Kubiak was a start but he cannot be on the field during game day.  According to reports, Pierce is the best looking back right now? Can he stay healthy for the duration of a game?  Rice was declining before last season and this offseason.  Offensive line upgrade, nope. Marlon Brown is going backwards, at this point, I wish the Ravens were honest as the Philadelphia 76ers with their intentions.

"Author Brown"? your piece could use another edit and not just for this faux pas.

#5 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Has Hensley been to one practice or more to check out these "under-achieving lightweights"?

I doubt it.

Edited by Deepurple, 06 August 2014 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users