Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
85Knight

Game Thread Aug. 6th vs. the Blue Jays

25 posts in this topic

No one started this and I'm pretty sure that's why we're losing. I'm on it.

CD has to feel good about that HR. He was frozen on two called strikes, battled back to 2-2, and then nailed one to the opposite field a la 2013.

Got shift problems? Hit it with authority to the opposite field. No more problem.

Chen got upended by shooting star grounders last inning, courtesy of the turf.

I think there are only two turf fields left in the AL: Toronto and St. Petersburg. So the O's IF isn't used to playing on turf; maybe they should be playing a bit deeper? Maybe they are already ....

Anyway, Chen looking much better this inning.

EDIT: I guess it wasn't just shooting star grounders. Bautista crushed that one.

Edited by catatonia

I wouldn't stick too long with Chen. I think the O's can get to Hutchinson. Don't want to get behind too far. We need to bury these guys, and then bury the frickin' Yankees next week. Plus I have a feeling this weekend's series against the Cardinals is going to be rough.

Does Chen have good history against Toronto? Think I would've went with a righty. Might've been a good time to try ubaldo

So Showalter sits the two guys who've been carrying the offense recently.  Interesting decision.  

Hope we can chip away at the lead but with Hundley, Lough, Flaherty and the struggling Cruz in there its gonna be tough. 

I'm trying to be optimistic about the offense after the last 2 games but this is a little disheartening against a struggling pitcher.

I'm trying to be optimistic about the offense after the last 2 games but this is a little disheartening against a struggling pitcher.

Yea its nice to think the offense has 'broken out' but its gonna take more than two games to prove they're a threat to score runs every night. 

I just don't understand Buck. Why he starts Lough just seems idiotic. And I would have liked to see Joseph in the lineup tonight as he's been on fire.  I would've gone for the jugular tonight then puts some of these subs in tomorrow. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

I was skeptical of bringing Chen out. He had his best inning. Shows how much I know.

So the King of setting up his lineup for lefty/righty match-ups even if it means less runs doesn't bring in a RHP to pitch to one of the most dangerous right hand hitters in the league.  That may have put the game out of reach. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Just not their night. Still the best record in baseball since meterological summer began. Still a 4-game lead over the Jays assuming they lose tonight.

Looks the none hitting O's showed up today

Weird

Pathetic

Edited by TheJudgement

Looks the none hitting O's showed up today

Weird

This is our problem in a nutshell. It's all or nothing. I don't know what to say at this point.

Except for Davis's hr a perfect game

And that's after 14 hits in 2 straight games. Jekyll and Hyde.

I don't get it.

This lineup will never win a playoff or world series against a team with even average pitchers. Usually teams that make playoffs don't suck at pitching .

Yikes.

Looks like I missed a good one.

I scored as many goals tonight as the O's had hits. :lol:

Putrid.

Looks like I picked the right game to miss. Gotta be encouraged by the davis homerun

Looks like I picked the right game to miss. Gotta be encouraged by the davis homerun

Hutchison was 2 pitches away from a perfect game. You almost missed history being made.