Cruz, DH

Davis, 1B

Hardy, SS

Young, LF

Joseph, C

Schoop, 2B

Jimenez, RHP

Ubaldo better not screw this up.

He'd better not, I switched my pick in the Pick 'em contest from the Cards to the O's. 

Lackey has gone 1-2 with a 7.02 ERA in three starts against the Orioles this season, allowing 13 runs and 23 hits in 16 2/3 innings. He's walked six and struck out 23.

Manny Machado is 7-for-18 (.389) with a double and two home runs against Lackey. Nick Markakis is 21-for-64 (.328) with six doubles and a triple, Nelson Cruz is 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles and two home runs, Delmon Young is 7-for-22 (.318) with a double, Chris Davis is 11-for-37 (.297) with three doubles and two home runs, and Jonathan Schoop is 4-for-6 (.667).

J.J. Hardy, who homered twice last night, is 5-for-26 (.192).

Wow,

We optioned Gonzalez. I understand that it was designed to keep everyone with regular starts but that stinks.

Ubaldo better not screw this up.

A lot of pressure on him with the way this rotation has performed w/o him.  Really hope he has strong game. 

Jimenez made two minor league rehab starts, giving up 10 hits and two runs (one earned) in 10 2/3 innings on July 29 for short-season, Single-A Aberdeen and Aug. 3 for Triple-A Norfolk. So he's pitching on five day's rest today.

Wow,

We optioned Gonzalez. I understand that it was designed to keep everyone with regular starts but that stinks.

Per Britt:

Gonzalez had a 2.43 ERA in last 7 games, but Buck didn't want to go short in the bullpen

I'm not really sure I understand this move but I am sure he will be back up soon, although he can't come back for at least 10 days.  :huh:

Edited by Gizmo

Per Britt:

I'm not really sure I understand this move but I am sure he will be back up soon, although he can't come back for at least 10 days.  :huh:

He'll get his next start on schedule at triple A and then potentially be back up, or he'll come up when the rosters expand.

You have to go all the way back to Albert Belle to find a situation where the announcers and managers are talking openly about a problem player/contract - Jimenez. The difference here is that Jiminez by all accounts is a great guy, team mate.

I hope he contributes.

I noticed it last night but I really miss the

O.R.I.O.L.E.S. cheer.

If I still drank, Jimenez is the guy who would get me going early.

Yeah, some gout issues make it rare for me to drink anymore, but Jimenez really pushes me.  :D

I wonder how many double plays Jones hits into.

At least the Yanks lost. Let's pad the lead.

This guy stinks.

It's a shame to potentially give a game away in order to prove it.