Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gscaton1

Orioles 60 years

8 posts in this topic

I was disappointed that they didn't pay tribute to the deceased members of the Orioles HOF.

Thank you for the link.  A job well done by the organization and I especially appreciated the current team coming out and shaking hands with all the past Oriole greats.  It seems for the longest time, all these players that created such magical memories for all of us were relegated to being an after thought.  Good to see that is changing.  The only thing I regret is never seeing the 1991 celebration at Memorial Stadium because at that time, those were truly my childhood heroes taking a final bow at a great ballpark.

I recorded the 60th anniversary event, and I watched it on Saturday. My parents took me to my first Orioles game in 1966 when I was 7, so I have been an Orioles fan for the majority of my life. I am not ashamed to admit that at times while I watched that tribute, that I had tears streaming down my face. I guess that the reminders of all of the happy events of my childhood got me emotional.

Saw it last night. I'm glad I'm not the only one that was crying. It was great seeing all those players that I grew up watching. Brought back some memories. My first game was in 1977 against the Red Sox and I became a Oriole fan forever after that.