Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Top 100 Nationally Out And Gilman Had TWO PLAYERS ON THE LIST!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Here's the first top 100 list in the country and Gilman's Cam Spence(#44) and Kasim Hill(#73) are on it. Both of these kids are ballers. I look for some HUGE things from them both. With multiple players on the 2016 list and what a lot of people are calling a Top 5 National recruit in 2018 in Taron Vincent, Gilman is absolutely loaded!

DeMatha's Anthony McFarland comes in at 77th. Congrats to these young men.

http://247sports.com...roup=HighSchool

5,4,3,2,..... Before the troll posts with hate!

#2 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Geeezzzzz...... You say this is a 2018 list!  Darn, next there may be an Out of the Womb national list.  Well, I guess congrats is in order for kids yet to place a lock on their high school locker.  But why oh why do I have this odd feeling had no G player been on this list, you would have called it a worse crap list you've ever seen!!

But again, I guess it's good to see the Stars of Tomorrow get some press.  No, make that 2018.  :confused:

Edited by DayWalker, 12 August 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#3 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

The #57 player on that list was from Good Counsel Jordan Anthony ... They also have on the 2016 list 1 4 star (jones) and 3 3 stars (stott, lee and judd)

Edited by DBUNK, 12 August 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

The #57 player on that list was from Good Counsel Jordan Anthony ... They also have on the 2016 list 1 4 star (jones) and 3 3 stars (stott, lee and judd)

Don't know how I missed Anthony. Heard good things about him but waiting to actually see him on Varsity. The other kids have played Varsity and same some things. I personally think McFarland will be DeMatha's best player this year. The kid is special.

I think Good Counsel is going to seriously surprise some people this year. Their schedule is the weakest it's been in many years but they could be a sleeper to win the WCAC.

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Geeezzzzz...... You say this is a 2018 list!  Darn, next there may be an Out of the Womb national list.  Well, I guess congrats is in order for kids yet to place a lock on their high school locker.  But why oh why do I have this odd feeling had no G player been on this list, you would have called it a worse crap list you've ever seen!!

But again, I guess it's good to see the Stars of Tomorrow get some press.  No, make that 2018.  :confused:

This is a 2017 list.

#6 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Don't know how I missed Anthony. Heard good things about him but waiting to actually see him on Varsity. The other kids have played Varsity and same some things. I personally think McFarland will be DeMatha's best player this year. The kid is special.

I think Good Counsel is going to seriously surprise some people this year. Their schedule is the weakest it's been in many years but they could be a sleeper to win the WCAC.

Correct no big OOS game for Good Counsel  this year... Actually with the strength of GZ, DM and Gilman schedule and GZ and DM being nationally ranked  Good Counsels schedule  is rated top 125 in the country (CalPreps)  IF  they win they get a top 100 ranking for sure... IF of course being the big word ...

#7 dunkone

dunkone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Correct no big OOS game for Good Counsel  this year... Actually with the strength of GZ, DM and Gilman schedule and GZ and DM being nationally ranked  Good Counsels schedule  is rated top 125 in the country (CalPreps)  IF  they win they get a top 100 ranking for sure... IF of course being the big word ...

think any of GC rising sophs will earn starting spots on the OL?

#8 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

think any of GC rising sophs will earn starting spots on the OL?

They have some very promising 2017 OL... Time will tell how they do.. Look for 6-3 305 Brandon Johnson and 6-5 285 Naasir Watkins to make some noise this year

#9 dunkone

dunkone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

They have some very promising 2017 OL... Time will tell how they do.. Look for 6-3 305 Brandon Johnson and 6-5 285 Naasir Watkins to make some noise this year

def had those 2 in mind...i think travon stott is going to be a very good DB for that team...he didn't back down from anyone last yr as a soph..i suspect many of their soph will be expected to contribute this yr..that should set the stage for them for the next 2 yrs..

#10 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

def had those 2 in mind...i think travon stott is going to be a very good DB for that team...he didn't back down from anyone last yr as a soph..i suspect many of their soph will be expected to contribute this yr..that should set the stage for them for the next 2 yrs..

2016 Travon Stott is a physical 3 star CB he will be fine...His younger brother (2018) is at GC now and anybody that follows the Grass Roots league knows the name Tremayn Stott

#11 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

I didn't mention Gilman's Class of 2016 but they're pretty special. They have 2 four stars(Jordan and Hamilton) and two 3 stars(Spanellis and Dupree). I think Dupree would be much higher on the list but he goes to no camps or combines ever. Maddox will also probably be at least a 3 star after his performance at the Rivals Underclassmen Camp. He was named the 7th best RB prospect there. This is not to mention John Fitzgerald, who was having a monster year until he hurt his knee, he killed Good Counsel last year!

#12 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

. This is not to mention John Fitzgerald, who was having a monster year until he hurt his knee, he killed Good Counsel last year!

I don't know if 3 catches for 50 or 60 yards or so is killing Good Counsel...Kai Locksley on the other hand did some damage 

#13 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

How exactly did you find the strength of schedule ?

#14 DBUNK

DBUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

How exactly did you find the strength of schedule ?

http://calpreps.com/

Edited by DBUNK, 12 August 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#15 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

I didn't mention Gilman's Class of 2016 but they're pretty special. They have 2 four stars(Jordan and Hamilton) and two 3 stars(Spanellis and Dupree). I think Dupree would be much higher on the list but he goes to no camps or combines ever. Maddox will also probably be at least a 3 star after his performance at the Rivals Underclassmen Camp. He was named the 7th best RB prospect there. This is not to mention John Fitzgerald, who was having a monster year until he hurt his knee, he killed Good Counsel last year!

Oh it's not that you haven't mentioned Gilman's class of 2016 of "specials" and "real deals."  You just haven't done so a lot in the last 24-hours.  That along with the specials and real deals in the class of 2015, 2017, and now you're up to 2018 of Gilman specials and real deals.  That's okay GA.  But with so many Gilman specials and real deals, it's just getting so difficult to determine who's really special among so many specials.

I just want a team like The great G of MD with seemingly 2 and 3 and 4 star athletes at nearly every position as you rant about to show that on the field of play against similarly built teams ( OOS ) and not build it's greatness resume on Anacostia and the other mediocre to down right poor playing teams of the MIAA.  Show us the beef with your stellar product on the field.  Do NOT lose your first two OOS games this year and do that annual MIAA cake walk and then come in here and boast of how great you are even if you should defeat the McNuggets.  The same old same old is just not going to cut it GA; not for a team of all specials and real duds deals.

And remember.....Soap on a Rope with EJ.  Work on it!!

Edited by DayWalker, 13 August 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#16 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here's the first top 100 list in the country and Gilman's Cam Spence(#44) and Kasim Hill(#73) are on it. Both of these kids are ballers. I look for some HUGE things from them both. With multiple players on the 2016 list and what a lot of people are calling a Top 5 National recruit in 2018 in Taron Vincent, Gilman is absolutely loaded!

DeMatha's Anthony McFarland comes in at 77th. Congrats to these young men.

http://247sports.com...roup=HighSchool

5,4,3,2,..... Before the troll posts with hate!

When isnt gilman loaded. 

#17 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

When they step on the field as a team against other just as loaded peers...  That's when it's revealed when Gilman isn't loaded or as loaded as GA would lead us to believe.  But they are the bomb in the polls and rankings and of course in the eyes of GA and his faithful sidekick gSpot.  These Gilman players are spoon fed that they are so talented and great and second to none when they haven't done a thing on the field.  Again, Gilman need Brave Heart Warriors who will refuse to lose or leave it ALL on the field in defeat.  Right now I see a crew who expect to win just because they are Gilman and when they don't, they care less because they will be spoon fed no matter what.

These are the type of warriors I want should we ever lose:    Brave Heart Warrior in Defeat

Edited by DayWalker, 13 August 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#18 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Day walker what school do you cheer for or is an alum of ? If they play against Gilman what is their record against Gilman lol

#19 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Day walker what school do you cheer for or is an alum of ? If they play against Gilman what is their record against Gilman lol

The dude has a personal vendetta against Gilman. It's borderline on stalkerish. I think we should get his IP address, find out who he is, let the authorities know so that Poggi can get a restraining order against the guy, and have his picture posted on campus for campus security to make sure he's arrested once he steps on campus! His posts are now becoming of the manic variety. I'm serious, I've seen what can happen with guys like this. It's really scary!!!!

#20 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

The dude has a personal vendetta against Gilman. It's borderline on stalkerish. I think we should get his IP address, find out who he is, let the authorities know so that Poggi can get a restraining order against the guy, and have his picture posted on campus for campus security to make sure he's arrested once he steps on campus! His posts are now becoming of the manic variety. I'm serious, I've seen what can happen with guys like this. It's really scary!!!!

Then what should the police do with your love affair of athletes ages 14-18 on the Gilman football team? Should Poggi keep you away? DW is just busting you up on everything you say about Gilman and you do not know how to respond to it. 

Edited by Outside Looking In, 13 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users