Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BayAreaBmore

Machado Update

14 posts in this topic

Haven't heard much more about the severity of the injury... hopefully its not one of these 'put him on the 15 day DL then wait and see' deals.

Interesting on the Cord Phelps move.  Looks like he has a lower BA but a higher OBP and much more power than Lombardozzi who I personally thought was gonna get the call. 

Haven't heard much more about the severity of the injury... hopefully its not one of these 'put him on the 15 day DL then wait and see' deals.

Interesting on the Cord Phelps move.  Looks like he has a lower BA but a higher OBP and much more power than Lombardozzi who I personally thought was gonna get the call. 

Don't know much about the guy. Maybe he'll fit in nicely at 3B just like Joseph did at C. I thought we were done when they started using Joseph. Hope Manny comes back healthy soon. 

Can ill afford to play long without both Machado and Hardy out there at full capacity. They were both stinging the ball lately. Next man up - do what you gotta do.

Did Steve Lombardozzi piss on someone's Cheerios?

Phelps has been playing 3b all season at Norfolk. If Hardy comes back, Flaherty can go to 3rd and maybe then we'll see Lombardozi

Phelps has been playing 3b all season at Norfolk. If Hardy comes back, Flaherty can go to 3rd and maybe then we'll see Lombardozi

Exactly. Schoop at 3B earlier in the season was not pretty, so Phelps is a better short-term extra infielder than Lombardozzi.

So when Manny and Hardy get back, they go back to what was the plan for 2B.... RF plays against rightys and Schoop against lefties? That should be the plan anyway.

So when Manny and Hardy get back, they go back to what was the plan for 2B.... RF plays against rightys and Schoop against lefties? That should be the plan anyway.

I would think so, unless one or the other gets hot.

(OK, everybody can stop laughing now!)