Carlos Santana 1B
Yan Gomes C
Ryan Raburn RF
Zach Walters DH 
Tyler Holt LF
Jose Ramirez SS

Corey Kluber RHP

Edited by Gizmo

"Friday night, they will face Indians right-hander Corey Kluber, who is 13-6 with a 2.46 ERA and 187 strikeouts in 171 2/3 innings this season. He’s 4-0 with a 0.68 ERA over his last five starts (45 strikeouts in 40 innings), holding opponents to a .158 batting average.

On May 24, he tossed seven shutout innings against the Orioles, allowing just seven baserunners (five hits, two walks) while striking out nine.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-have-big-division-lead-but-cleveland-offers-its-challenges-20140815,0,407214.story#ixzz3AV5fCnBb

This Kluber sounds like a good pitcher. Lotta Ks too, not looking good for the Mudville 9 on paper.

Progressive Field... What a shame, Jacob's Field had a much nicer ring to it. 

Nick got a hold of that one. Can't believe the RF actually caught it, looked like the ball had gotten the best of him.   Thats probably a HR at some stadiums including Camden

The thing about this O's team is that they can beat you 1-0.

Edited by 85Knight

Another K for Davis. Getting old.

No way can he continue to get penciled into the #2 slot.

Edited by Gizmo

I think this is their last attempt at getting him going.

Agree. I thought Hardy would've been the better guy to have in the #2 slot.  Really needed at least one run there, looking like they'll be hard to come by tonight. 

This is why Cleveland has scored more than we have. Speed. You put more guys in scoring position during the course of a game.

Edited by 85Knight

This is why Cleveland has scored more than we have. Speed. You put more guys in scoring position during the course of a game.

I wish we had just a little speed. 

Davis better figure things out or he might find himself teammates with Willy Mo Pena over in Asia.

That might be part of it but Cleveland also has 100 more walks and only 15 fewer hits.  Those 85 extra baserunners gives them more chances to score.  And they've only managed to outscore the O's by a handful of runs.  Instead of speed, imagine where the O's would be if they had 100 more walks than they do.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

That might be part of it but Cleveland also has 100 more walks and only 15 fewer hits. Those 85 extra baserunners gives them more chances to score. And they've only managed to outscore the O's by a handful of runs. Instead of speed, imagine where the O's would be if they had 100 more walks than they do.

I agree. I didn't mean to imply that that was the only reason as I've said many times before that our weaknesses are both speed and plate discipline.

I wonder though what the trade off is because we lead the league in homers. Do we want to walk more and hit fewer homers? That's a real good debate.

I want to see "money ball" vs. the long ball to settle this debate in this year's ALCS.

They aren't the kind of hitters who do well against a guy who doesn't groove fastballs.

At this point, the best hope is that the closer comes in for the 9th, maybe they can score off him.

Hunter and Palmer are talking about all the permutations to get the wild card, how many teams the Indians have to pass, etc. .....

It's pleasant not to have to pay attention to such a conversation.

I'm not expecting much from the O's tonight against this guy. I read an article earlier today that Kluber has pitched even better than Kershaw over the past month.

Edited by catatonia

Schoop, Joseph, Davis and a few others don't stand a chance against this guy.