16 replies to this topic

#1 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

MaxPreps has released their top 25 in the state (without DC schools). Interestingly enough Gilman is not ranked number 1. 

Maxpreps                                 

1.   Franklin                                        

2.   Gilman

3.   McDonogh 

4.   Northwest

5.   Linganore

6.   ECA

7.   Middletown

8.   Patuxent

9.   Fort Hill

10. Urbana

11. Arundel

12. St. Pauls

13. River Hill

14. Glenelg

15. Paint Branch

16. Huntingtown

17. SFA

18. Archbishop Curley

19. St. Mary's Ryken

20. DuVal

21. Quince Orchard

22. Milford Mill

23. Gywnn Park

24. Douglass (Baltimore)

25. Howard

#2 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I think its more interesting that they ranked Gilman over Mcdonogh. Its also ridiculous that maxpreps doesnt include schools like DM or GC that are in MD because they happen to play in the WCAC. Anyone have the DC rankings?

#3 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Maybe with Gilman losing it's first two games, some school of thought would be that they don't deserve to be ranked this high.  0 and 2 just doesn't warrant top bllling no matter who the opponent.  Top teams defeat who they are suppose to defeat and win the games predictors like GA who say they are suppose to lose to and he is comfortable with losing to and use to it.

#4 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Dude, you need to get your Gilman obsession under control. It was funny at first but now it's getting stalkerish.

#5 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Dude, you need to get your Gilman obsession under control. It was funny at first but now it's getting stalkerish.

What we have here is that Slapped Dawg Syndrome.  They will holler when slapped!

But DUDE, counsel your own self and your dawg GA with all your GILMAN over zealous pimpin' rants around here,  in DC, and numerous other sites throughout the region.  That's the obsession that should be of real concern to you as a Gilman advocate and wanting your best foot forward for your beloved G.  But your lame @zz is all into that big pimpin' of The G.  You can dish it but you just can't take it - The Gilman Syndrome.

DUDE......ignore.  Rather than offer advice, IGNORE.  Or try counseling your sidekick GA to tone rather than The DayWalker.  But I guess you know that you would have a much better shot at me, right?  But lets see your post to your master GA to chill.  Waiting.....

Come on and walk with me.......  :angry:

#6 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Only public school that should be in the top 5 is Northwest.

#7 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

GA is a grown *** man and he can do whatever he pleases. As for me, your comments are way off base. I commend other teams and players regularly and criticize gilman when it's appropriate. Am I a homer? Sure, but no more than other posters who support other teams. The only reason I'm on your radar is that I call you out for your repeated uninformed ramblings about Gilman and the MIAA. Im off to the beach - I'm sure you will have posted 20-30 more posts about Gilman not being able to win OOC games, etc., the MIAA's transfer rules, etc. while I'm away, so have a great day.

#8 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Only public school that should be in the top 5 is Northwest.

Really!

Middletown:  Three consecutive state titles; appeared in last four.  Two straight undefeated season; 36 game winning streak.  41- 1 in the last three years.  And in my most honest opinion of actually seeing both teams unlike most here, Middletown would have smashed mouth beaten Northwest last year.  In fact, Middletown would have beaten all the classification champions last year including Franklin and the Indians they walked into the stadium with..  And you opine Northwest should be the only team in the top five which would leave Gilman, McDonough, ECA, and St. Pauls!!!!

Be honest and tell me if you even show Patuxent play last season?  How about Fort Hill whose entire city lives and breathes football?  What about Suitland? Huntingtown?  You see anyone other than your own?  There is a lot of good football out there beyond your fence.

#9 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

GA is a grown *** man and he can do whatever he pleases. As for me, your comments are way off base. I commend other teams and players regularly and criticize gilman when it's appropriate. Am I a homer? Sure, but no more than other posters who support other teams. The only reason I'm on your radar is that I call you out for your repeated uninformed ramblings about Gilman and the MIAA. Im off to the beach - I'm sure you will have posted 20-30 more posts about Gilman not being able to win OOC games, etc., the MIAA's transfer rules, etc. while I'm away, so have a great day.

And for the record, it's not that Gilman can't win "OOC" games.  You've proven you can beat the pants off of OOC Anacostia with a running clock in the first 8-minutes of the game.  It's the "OOS" opponents ( non-DMV)  I challenge you with after massing only 17-yards of total offense during an entire game with your ...best team with the best ever players at damn near every position.... against an OOS opponent.  That's what you can't stand me reminding you of while you and your sidekick ilk try to ram down our throats repeatedly of how great you are.  I just counter with the truth but You Can'T Handle The Truth.  But now you run away like losers do.....  :D

You, g-Spot, like your ilk GA, just don't have substantive comebacks for me and you all just can't beat me down like you all do others with your G machine crap.  You've met your match and then some in this forum with The DayWalker like your hound team has been over matched with the OOS juggernauts you've taken on.

Edited by DayWalker, 17 August 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#10 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Really!

Middletown:  Three consecutive state titles; appeared in last four.  Two straight undefeated season; 36 game winning streak.  41- 1 in the last three years.  And in my most honest opinion of actually seeing both teams unlike most here, Middletown would have smashed mouth beaten Northwest last year.  In fact, Middletown would have beaten all the classification champions last year including Franklin and the Indians they walked into the stadium with..  And you opine Northwest should be the only team in the top five which would leave Gilman, McDonough, ECA, and St. Pauls!!!!

Be honest and tell me if you even show Patuxent play last season?  How about Fort Hill whose entire city lives and breathes football?  What about Suitland? Huntingtown?  You see anyone other than your own?  There is a lot of good football out there beyond your fence.

Yes I have and I've been to Fort Hill twice, and attended games at Roosevelt, Suitland, Gywnn Park,  McDonough (PG), Seneca Valley, Sherwood, QO, Middletown, many of Coach Franks, Oxon Hill, Franklin, Dunbar, Linganore, Oakdale, Urbana, all of the WCAC and MIAA, since 90.  I've seen every NOVA public and most tidewater teams in my playing days in the 80's.

Middletown last year yes, they would ran many of the private schools right into the ground.   Just like some of the old Dunbar, Roosevelt, Suitland, Huntingtown, QO, River Hill, Linganore, and Sherwood teams to name a few.  This year no I don't see it happening lost two much and I saw what CHC did to Franklin so they aren't even in the mix.  

I went to and played for a public school and will always cheer for them in the private public battle as long as we're not playing them.  My old teammates will all be hooking up on the 5th making the ride to Clifton VA cheering on the Wildcats in their big game on TV.

#11 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Yes I have and I've been to Fort Hill twice, and attended games at Roosevelt, Suitland, Gywnn Park,  McDonough (PG), Seneca Valley, Sherwood, QO, Middletown, many of Coach Franks, Oxon Hill, Franklin, Dunbar, Linganore, Oakdale, Urbana, all of the WCAC and MIAA, since 90.  I've seen every NOVA public and most tidewater teams in my playing days in the 80's.

Middletown last year yes, they would ran many of the private schools right into the ground.   Just like some of the old Dunbar, Roosevelt, Suitland, Huntingtown, QO, River Hill, Linganore, and Sherwood teams to name a few.  This year no I don't see it happening lost two much and I saw what CHC did to Franklin so they aren't even in the mix.  

I went to and played for a public school and will always cheer for them in the private public battle as long as we're not playing them.  My old teammates will all be hooking up on the 5th making the ride to Clifton VA cheering on the Wildcats in their big game on TV.

But this year NO-- you don't see it happening!  And you haven't seen a single game!  Got 'cha.  Enuff said.  Next!

#12 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

But this year NO-- you don't see it happening!  And you haven't seen a single game!  Got 'cha.  Enuff said.  Next!

Because I said so and you know why

#13 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

How in the Heck is Milford Mill in there and Perry Hall is not??

#14 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

i was wondering the same thing. Although Perry Hall had a spectacular season last year i do believe milford might be in the run to upset frsnklin

#15 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I find Fort Hill at #9 pre-season to be very generous. Top 25? Yes, we return a lot of players from last year's championship team. However I think top ten is pushing it a great deal.

#16 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

yeah i would definitely move St. Pauls and river hill into the top ten before fort hill. But doesnt fort hill have tremendous size o both sides of the line. Thats enough to keep them in the top ten  

#17 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

I just love River Hill but Fort Hill was a better team last year to me and I hear the team is returning pretty much intact.  So I have no problem with them being where they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users