• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

TOP 25

1. Old Mill         Just loaded with everyone and their momma coming back.

2. Franklin        WANTED: For Rustling Horses (Raided EVT coaching staff and routinely poaches their recruiting base.) 

3. Gilman          Can't see the eagles taking their milk money two years in a row.

4. Mcdonogh    WANTED: For taking indecent liberties with Gilman football team.

5.St Frances    Mercenary program living on borrowed time but good enough to be ranked at 5.  

6. St Pauls       WANTED: For self mutilation...failure to schedule the Big Dawgs and end up ranked possibly at number one.

7. Howard        Loadeeeeeeeeed....

8. River Hill      They can still win the state title...just not sure about the county title.

9. Douglass      The Ducks lost Sr qb Camron West but his replacement is just as good.

10. Hererford    Default ranking subject to change.

11. Mt St Joes  44 returning Lettermen must not be ignored.

12. Spalding     They could upset either the eagles or hounds.   

13. Perry Hall    CHEATING TWO TIMERS...they snuck behind our backs last year and was good-er- er than expected.

14. City              Default ranking, subject to change based upon.....uuuuhhh....stuff. 

15.Patterson      Patterson is that team poised to shock us all.

16. Dunbar        Wheres the Smith and Crest(n) when you need it. The Poets will reload by next season

17. Edmondson Corey has the Reds laying goose eggs. Defense wins championships.

18. Meade         Default ranking subject to change.

19. D.Harbor     A sweet team of talented kids all around.

20. Arundel       They may not have a name brand qb but they have a program.

21. Broadneck  Everyone knows the bears are the Autumn wind..

22. Fallston       I have peeps on these guys...they are winners.

23. Glenelg       Steady building a program

24. Loyola         Never count out the most disciplined bunch of kids in the metro area.

25. CHC            SORRY GURU...7 on 7 national championships just don't cut it.  

On Deck (Curley, Dundalk, Milford Mill, Western Tech, Owings Mill)

* Not Ranked do to limited resources and time (Aberdeen, N.Harford, Havre De Grace, Perryville, Bohemia Manor, Joppatown)

TEAMS TO WATCH

OWINGS MILL...Randallstown, New Town, Franklin and even Mcdonogh are all benefitting from a population explosion west of Baltimore....Why not Owings Mill.

MSJ.....Never underestimate a team with 44 returning lettermen...

Patterson....They can actually stun the entire state.

DARK HORSE TEAMS

St Pauls...The Crusaders are just one win over Hereford and one CHC upset of Franklin (I predict it will happen) from dining at Chez gridiron with Old Mill Gilman and Mcdonogh.

Bcc...psssssst....pssssst...Hey George....hire a tutor...make sure you have more than 8 1/2 kids suited up for a state playoff game.

Howard...They are loaded enough to win a state title.

THE SPREAD IS HERE TO STAY AND HERES WHY...

Collin Klein of Kansas State, Nick Foles of The Philly eagles, and Darius  Jennings of the Gilman Hounds all appeared in very basic spread attack offenses. All levels of football was represented by these qb's who all had something in common. All three had great success and none of them are or  were tremendously talented, fast or possessed a cannon for a arm. The secret ingredient to running a spread with great success is maturity, pure and simple. All you need to win is to have a qb who is disciplined enough to make simple read options, make sure the ball goes where they ain't. A fast and talented qb with a powerful arm is simply not required. What is required is a kid who will hold steady and protect the ball. I have seen to many clumsy and slow qb's win lots of games by simply making the reads required to get the easy yards off the edges, tnd the  a gaps with draws and simply attacking out of position safeties who bite on play action. Most of the time, it will require a kid who has been under center as starter for a couple of years to understand that he does not have to be a 5 star blue chip stud who must win the  entire game on his own. A coach simply needs a cool headed kid who will make simple reads and protect the ball.

SORRY DALLAS JACKSON....YOUR NOT FOR REAAAAAAAAAL

Neither are your cronies at USATODAY and Maxpreps who insist on putting out bogus rankings, year after year, leaving Greyhound in tears because you said his team was the best ever. The second I saw one of these fakers ranking Bcc at 21 in the state, I was floored despite wishfully thinking it could be true. The bottom line is that it actually could be true but if it turns out that way, it will be by sheer chance or coincidence. You see...because of very tough academic standards and a extremely low boys population (250 or less) at Bcc, the coaching staff over there rarely have a good idea of what kind of team they are going to have until well into mid August. But thanks for keeping us in  mind. Once again, most of these bogus rankings are put out based simply upon merit...for example, if a team wins a state title or two and perhaps win a game over a well known opponent,, they will gain enough poker chips to land in the USATODAY or Maxpreps top 25 rankings the next year, despite the possibility that team may have lost half of its kids to graduation or had its coach replaced. The Bcc basketball team won a few state titles and was never ranked by anyone until they went undefeated, thus gaining the required to poker chips for top 25 consideration. Most likely, they will land in somebody's national top 25 rankings this up and coming season but not based upon who they really are...but mostly out of respect. The bottom line is most of these writers who put out these rankings could not find the schools they rank with a apple5 GPS tracker and a carload of SOBER Jedi's.  My suggestion to anyone hoping their team is that good to get such a high ranking. Get out and see them pop pads before you hand them a trophy.

WHY DUNBAR WILL JUST KEEP WINNING...

I Think they may require  a year to reload after losing its multiple state championship  winning ( I lost count...I really did) head coach and a ten year starter in Mr. Crest. However,if you are a overt or closet hater of the Poets AS I AM, you may want to put away the party cake and hats because there is a simple reason why the Poets have won state titles and will not stop winning state titles. They may need time to adjust to 2a level play and recover after losing key players and its coach but take a gander at the cards they work with. They are a city wide school with improving but utter laughable academic standards. Which means they can draw kids  from all over the City and County and have them in those special Uni's UnderArmour provided them with in no time. When you combine the sweetheart deal they inked with UA to include brand new wall to wall carpet with lights...not to mention the 5 or 6 different type of uni's that came with the package, what is a young stud to think when a City, Poly, CHC or  Gilman comes a knocking. Dunbar also has a bona fide program to boot which includes heavy weight training, good inhouse coaching and a transfer friendly administration that allows them to bring in a game changing kid or two who can turn a season around while you are in the midst of laughing at them. Not that I have done this but I'm just saying. The Poets are not going to shut down its shop do to one kitchen fire. They have a top notch insurance plan and its called a program.

MUST SEE SCRIMMAGES

Dunbar vs anyone....Interesting see how they will look after losing so many key ingredients and kids to transfers.

Edmondon vs Easton....Always interesting to see what happens when city slickers meet the country boys especially when its behind the barn.

City vs Howard...each year, the Lions get harder and harder for the Knights to  handle....

Douglass vs Middletown....So interesting, I will make the road trip to see this one.

CHC vs St Johns....just interesting period.

MUST SEE GAMES

ST Frances vs anyone on their schedule....I just hope they don't go overboard and schedule God.

Franklin vs CHC...The cards always pull out the stops vs pub schools.

Mcdonogh vs S.t Benedictines...I will make the trip for this one.

Mcdonogh vs Gilman....WOW...you know its going down..this thing has gotten real personal.....

GAME OF THE YEAR

River Hill vs Howard....Again....WOW....

STATE/MIAA CHAMPION PREDICTIONS

1A. Fort Hill to repeat

2A. Middletown to repeat

3A. River Hill

4A. Old Mill

MIAA-A Gilman over Mcdonogh 

MIAA-B St Pauls

MIAA-C Freinds

AO's CORNER

* Favorite places to watch games....Fort Hill is tops, bar none...Hereford and Aberdeen are also great places to watch games.

* Favorite teams to watch.....Loyola has such great kids who are very disciplined, hard working and focused on whatever the coach is doing. Just a pleasure to watch them practice or play. North Harford has the brainiest coaches who always get more out of their kids than most coaches. Douglass Coach Towsende is doing great and miraculous things. If he stays put, the Ducks will become the top program in the metro area...yes...I said it...

* The Interview with Eaglesinsider is coming soon. I am having tech issues right now and had to do my report manually without copy or pasting abilities. As soon as I get it fixed, I will submit the interview with our busiest and hardest working poster.

* Shoutouts to all the great Coaches, players, posters and the Jedi's who contributed to this report. Thank you so much.

* Toonface for president...where is this guy anyway.

Edited by agentorange, 17 August 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#2 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

9. Douglass Best qb next to Pino in the metro area

Are you sure? Last I checked Townsend was struggling to find a qb, he had a wr playing that position during 7-7. Cameron west graduated didnt he? Did they bring someone in??

#3 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

I thought West was a Sr.....

Edited by agentorange, 17 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#4 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

I thought West was a Sr.....

Im almost 100% sure he isnt playing this year, either he was a sr last season or he is too old to play or something like that. But I know ol Wood was searching high and low for a qb.

#5 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

He has won with a rb at qb so if in the event West is gone for whatever reason, I still see them as the best Pub school in the area. 

#6 comets4life09

comets4life09

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

I heard West somehow did early graduation and went to play Juco? He wasn't their QB at the 7 on 7s

#7 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

TOP 25

1. Old Mill         Just loaded with everyone and their momma coming back.

2. Franklin        WANTED: For Rustling Horses (See great Coaching staff and talent base robbery of EVT)

3. Gilman          Can't see the eagles taking their milk money two years in a row.

4. Mcdonogh    WANTED: For taking indecent liberties with Gilman football team.

5.St Frances    Mercenary program living on borrowed time but good enough to be ranked at 5.  

6. St Pauls       WANTED: For self mutilation...failure to schedule the Big Dawgs and end up ranked possibly at number one.

7. Howard        Loadeeeeeeeeed....

8. River Hill      They can still win the state title...just not sure about the county title.

9. Douglass      The Ducks have the best qb in the metro area next to Pino.

10. Hererford    Default ranking subject to change.

11. Mt St Joes  44 returning Lettermen must not be ignored.

12. Spalding     They could upset either the eagles or hounds.   

13. Perry Hall    CHEATING TWO TIMERS...they snuck behind our backs last year and was good-er- er than expected.

14. City              Default ranking, subject to change based upon.....uuuuhhh....stuff. 

15.Patterson      Patterson is that team poised to shock us all.

16. Dunbar        Wheres the Smith and Crest(n) when you need it. The Poets will reload by next season

17. Edmondson Corey has the Reds laying goose eggs. Defense wins championships.

18. Meade         Default ranking subject to change.

19. D.Harbor     A sweet team of talented kids all around.

20. Arundel       They may not have a name brand qb but they have a program.

21. Broadneck  Everyone knows the bears are the Autumn wind..

22. Fallston       I have peeps on these guys...they are winners.

23. Glenelg       Steady building a program

24. Loyola         Never count out the most disciplined bunch of kids in the metro area.

25. CHC            SORRY GURU...7 on 7 national championships just don't cut it.  

On Deck (Curley, Dundalk, Milford Mill, Western Tech, Owings Mill)

* Not Ranked do to limited resources and time (Aberdeen, N.Harford, Havre De Grace, Perryville, Bohemia Manor, Joppatown)

TEAMS TO WATCH

OWINGS MILL...Randallstown, New Town, Franklin and even Mcdonogh are all benefitting from a population explosion west of Baltimore....Why not Owings Mill.

MSJ.....Never underestimate a team with 44 returning lettermen...

Patterson....They can actually stun the entire state.

DARK HORSE TEAMS

St Pauls...The Crusaders are just one win over Hereford and one CHC upset of Franklin (I predict it will happen) from dining at Chez gridiron with Old Mill Gilman and Mcdonogh.

Bcc...psssssst....pssssst...Hey George....hire a tutor...make sure you have more than 8 1/2 kids suited up for a state playoff game.

Howard...They are loaded enough to win a state title.

THE SPREAD IS HERE TO STAY AND HERES WHY...

Collin Klein of Kansas State, Nick Foles of The Philly eagles, and Darius  Jennings of the Gilman Hounds all appeared in very basic spread attack offenses.. All levels of football was represented by these qb's who all had something in common. All three had great success and none of them are or  were tremendously talented, fast or possessed a cannon fro a arm. The secret ingredient to running a spread with great success is maturity, pure and simple. All you need to win is to have a qb who is disciplined enough to make simple read options, make sure the ball goes where they ain't. A fast and talented qb with a powerful arm is simply not required. What is required is a kid who will hold steady and protect the ball. I have seen to many clumsy and slow qb's win lots of games by simply making the reads required to get the easy yards off the edges, with draws and simply attacking out of position safeties who bite on play action. Most of the time, it will require a kid who has been under center as starter for a couple of years to understand that he does not have to be a 5 star blue chip stud who must win the  entire game on his own. A coach simply needs a cool headed kid who will make simple reads and protect the ball.

SORRY DALLAS JACKSON....YOUR NOT FOR REAAAAAAAAAL

Neither are your cronies at USATODAY and Maxpreps who insist on putting out bogus rankings, year after year, leaving Greyhound in tears because you said his team was the best ever. The second I saw one of these fakers ranking Bcc at 21 in the state, I was floored despite wishfully thinking it could be true. The bottom line is that it actually could be true but if it turns out that way, it will be by sheer chance or coincidence. You see...because of very tough academic standards and a extremely low boys population (250 or less) at Bcc, the coaching staff over there rarely have a good idea of what kind of team they are going to have until well into mid August. But thanks for keeping us in  mind. Once again, most of these bogus rankings are put out based simply upon merit...for example, if a team wins a state title or two and perhaps win a game over a well known opponent,, they will gain enough poker chips to land in the USATODAY or Maxpreps top 25 rankings the next year, despite the possibility that team may have lost half of its kids to graduation or had its coach replaced. The Bcc basketball team won a few state titles and was never ranked by anyone until they went undefeated, thus gaining the required to poker chips for top 25 consideration. Most likely, they will land in somebody's national top 25 rankings this up and coming season but not based upon who they really are...but mostly out of respect. The bottom line is most of these writers who put out these rankings could not find the schools they rank with a apple5 GPS tracker and a carload of SOBER Jedi's.  My suggestion to anyone hoping their team is that good to get such a high ranking. Get out and see them pop pads before you hand them a trophy.

WHY DUNBAR WILL JUST KEEP WINNING...

I Think they may require  a year to reload after losing its multiple state championship  winning ( I lost count...I really did) head coach and a ten year starter in Mr. Crest. However,if you are a overt or closet hater of the Poets AS I AM, you may want to put away the party cake and hats because there is a simple reason why the Poets have won state titles and will not stop winning state titles. They may need time to adjust to 2a level play and recover after losing key players and its coach but take a gander at the cards they work with. They are a city wide school with improving but utter laughable academic standards. Which means they can draw kids  from all over the City and County and have them in those special Uni's UnderArmour provided them with in no time. When you combine the sweetheart deal they inked with UA to include brand new wall to wall carpet with lights...not to mention the 5 or 6 different type of uni's that came with the package, what is a young stud to think when a City, Poly, CHC or  Gilman comes a knocking. Dunbar also has a bona fide program to boot which includes heavy weight training, good inhouse coaching and a transfer friendly administration that allows them to bring in a game changing kid or two who can turn a season around while you are in the midst of laughing at them. Not that I have done this but I'm just saying. The Poets are not going to shut down its shop do to one kitchen fire. They have a top notch insurance plan and its called a program.

MUST SEE SCRIMMAGES

Dunbar vs anyone....Interesting see how they will look after losing so many key ingredients and kids to transfers.

Edmondon vs Easton....Always interesting to see what happens when city slickers meet the country boys especially when its behind the barn.

City vs Howard...each year, the Lions get harder and harder for the Knights to  handle....

Douglass vs Middletown....So interesting, I will make the road trip to see this one.

CHC vs St Johns....just interesting period.

MUST SEE GAMES

ST Frances vs anyone on their schedule....I just hope they don't go overboard and schedule God.

Franklin vs CHC...The cards always pull out the stops vs pub schools.

Mcdonogh vs S.t Benedictines...I will make the trip for this one.

Mcdonogh vs Gilman....WOW...you know its going down..this thing has gotten real personal.....

GAME OF THE YEAR

River Hill vs Howard....Again....WOW....

AO's CORNER

* Favorite places to watch games....Fort Hill is tops, bar none...Hereford and Aberdeen are also great places to watch games.

* Favorite teams to watch.....Loyola has such great kids who are very disciplined, hard working and focused on whatever the coach is doing. Just a pleasure to watch them practice or play. North Harford has the brainiest coaches who always get more out of their kids than most coaches. Douglass Coach Towsende is doing great and miraculous things. If he stays put, the Ducks will become the top program in the metro area...yes...I said it...

* The Interview with Eaglesinsider is coming soon. I am having tech issues right now and had to do my report manually without copy or pasting abilities. As soon as I get it fixed, I will submit the interview with our busiest and hardest working poster.

* Shoutouts to all the great Coaches, players, posters and the Jedi's who contributed to this report. Thank you so much.

* Toonface for president...where is this guy anyway.

Franklin: Talent base robbery of EVT. What do you mean by that?

#8 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

It means they took kids from randallstown, milford, owings mills, new town, and pikesville

#9 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

It means they took kids from randallstown, milford, owings mills, new town, and pikesville

And what talent does EVT steal? lol EVT always won with great coaching and hard nosed kids, not extreme talent. Anyone who knows anything about Mesaros and staff is that they get the most out of the little talent that they have. EVT is very difficult to get in (I am a graduate) Most of the talent sadly never qualifies. If I am wrong, please show me the talent that EVT has stolen. Now Franklin on the other hand........

#10 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I just heard from Coach and he said West went to prep school in California or something along those lines...he also said he has a West Clone ...a kid named Miller and went on to say the Kid is the truth.

#11 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

Its the opposite of what you think I was implying...I will edit it to reflect what I really met...sorry

#12 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

Its the opposite of what you think I was implying...I will edit it to reflect what I really met...sorry

Again coaches did Franklin poach from EVT? No coaches have left.

#13 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

I put out a thread during last fall I believe "The mysterious case of the missing EVT Football program". There were many of us on this board who wanted answers as to why the sudden drop off in wins at EVT...many of us had never seen anything like it... Soon after the thread went out, the pms started coming in and many coaches, posters and even some players stated that several  EVT coaches and a boat load of players left for Franklin. More pms came in suggesting that those same coaches who left for Franklin were still reaching back to EVT players and potential players with good success. Now, before you go on the war path with AO,I would suggest you understand the following...first, Franklin broke no rules and committed no crimes....its all good man...second, if you have a problem with what I said, then simply do what must be done to debunk the comments. third...I am AO....your local representative to the *******s of America committee on assbucketness...but I am A-bucket.one who just happens to be privy to lots of good info....work with me man...work with me...this is not 9/11 here but simply a fan who put out a pre season report because no one else would...

#14 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

CMON MAN...JOIN IN WITH ME...COOOOMBY YIIIIII ..............COOOOMBY YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

#15 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

And what talent does EVT steal? lol EVT always won with great coaching and hard nosed kids, not extreme talent. Anyone who knows anything about Mesaros and staff is that they get the most out of the little talent that they have. EVT is very difficult to get in (I am a graduate) Most of the talent sadly never qualifies. If I am wrong, please show me the talent that EVT has stolen. Now Franklin on the other hand........

sorry but i believe EVT was able to use a "magnet" program to get some kids. Not taking anything from their coaches but they were definatley recruiting. You can tell they arent anymore because they are struggling.

#16 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Just some clarifying.... BCC as in Bethesda Chevy Chase as a dark horse?

#17 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Precisely my point...I was told that the EVT coaches responsible for much of the recruiting left for Franklin....

#18 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

NO....Bcc as In Baltimore City College beltway head...I don't rank teams beyond Hereford going north and River Hill going South......just too much work and not enough help...But I was able to tour the MOCO schools back in 08...

#19 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

I think you mean River Hill to the west? Because your #1 team is further south than RH.

#20 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

I put out a thread during last fall I believe "The mysterious case of the missing EVT Football program". There were many of us on this board who wanted answers as to why the sudden drop off in wins at EVT...many of us had never seen anything like it... Soon after the thread went out, the pms started coming in and many coaches, posters and even some players stated that several  EVT coaches and a boat load of players left for Franklin. More pms came in suggesting that those same coaches who left for Franklin were still reaching back to EVT players and potential players with good success. Now, before you go on the war path with AO,I would suggest you understand the following...first, Franklin broke no rules and committed no crimes....its all good man...second, if you have a problem with what I said, then simply do what must be done to debunk the comments. third...I am AO....your local representative to the *******s of America committee on assbucketness...but I am A-bucket.one who just happens to be privy to lots of good info....work with me man...work with me...this is not 9/11 here but simply a fan who put out a pre season report because no one else would...

No football coaches left EVT and went to Franklin. EVT has had the same core of coaches for over a decade. Please PM me and tell me who left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users