1. Old Mill Just loaded with everyone and their momma coming back.
2. Franklin WANTED: For Rustling Horses (Raided EVT coaching staff and routinely poaches their recruiting base.)
3. Gilman Can't see the eagles taking their milk money two years in a row.
4. Mcdonogh WANTED: For taking indecent liberties with Gilman football team.
5.St Frances Mercenary program living on borrowed time but good enough to be ranked at 5.
6. St Pauls WANTED: For self mutilation...failure to schedule the Big Dawgs and end up ranked possibly at number one.
7. Howard Loadeeeeeeeeed....
8. River Hill They can still win the state title...just not sure about the county title.
9. Douglass The Ducks lost Sr qb Camron West but his replacement is just as good.
10. Hererford Default ranking subject to change.
11. Mt St Joes 44 returning Lettermen must not be ignored.
12. Spalding They could upset either the eagles or hounds.
13. Perry Hall CHEATING TWO TIMERS...they snuck behind our backs last year and was good-er- er than expected.
14. City Default ranking, subject to change based upon.....uuuuhhh....stuff.
15.Patterson Patterson is that team poised to shock us all.
16. Dunbar Wheres the Smith and Crest(n) when you need it. The Poets will reload by next season
17. Edmondson Corey has the Reds laying goose eggs. Defense wins championships.
18. Meade Default ranking subject to change.
19. D.Harbor A sweet team of talented kids all around.
20. Arundel They may not have a name brand qb but they have a program.
21. Broadneck Everyone knows the bears are the Autumn wind..
22. Fallston I have peeps on these guys...they are winners.
23. Glenelg Steady building a program
24. Loyola Never count out the most disciplined bunch of kids in the metro area.
25. CHC SORRY GURU...7 on 7 national championships just don't cut it.
On Deck (Curley, Dundalk, Milford Mill, Western Tech, Owings Mill)
* Not Ranked do to limited resources and time (Aberdeen, N.Harford, Havre De Grace, Perryville, Bohemia Manor, Joppatown)
TEAMS TO WATCH
OWINGS MILL...Randallstown, New Town, Franklin and even Mcdonogh are all benefitting from a population explosion west of Baltimore....Why not Owings Mill.
MSJ.....Never underestimate a team with 44 returning lettermen...
Patterson....They can actually stun the entire state.
DARK HORSE TEAMS
St Pauls...The Crusaders are just one win over Hereford and one CHC upset of Franklin (I predict it will happen) from dining at Chez gridiron with Old Mill Gilman and Mcdonogh.
Bcc...psssssst....pssssst...Hey George....hire a tutor...make sure you have more than 8 1/2 kids suited up for a state playoff game.
Howard...They are loaded enough to win a state title.
THE SPREAD IS HERE TO STAY AND HERES WHY...
Collin Klein of Kansas State, Nick Foles of The Philly eagles, and Darius Jennings of the Gilman Hounds all appeared in very basic spread attack offenses. All levels of football was represented by these qb's who all had something in common. All three had great success and none of them are or were tremendously talented, fast or possessed a cannon for a arm. The secret ingredient to running a spread with great success is maturity, pure and simple. All you need to win is to have a qb who is disciplined enough to make simple read options, make sure the ball goes where they ain't. A fast and talented qb with a powerful arm is simply not required. What is required is a kid who will hold steady and protect the ball. I have seen to many clumsy and slow qb's win lots of games by simply making the reads required to get the easy yards off the edges, tnd the a gaps with draws and simply attacking out of position safeties who bite on play action. Most of the time, it will require a kid who has been under center as starter for a couple of years to understand that he does not have to be a 5 star blue chip stud who must win the entire game on his own. A coach simply needs a cool headed kid who will make simple reads and protect the ball.
SORRY DALLAS JACKSON....YOUR NOT FOR REAAAAAAAAAL
Neither are your cronies at USATODAY and Maxpreps who insist on putting out bogus rankings, year after year, leaving Greyhound in tears because you said his team was the best ever. The second I saw one of these fakers ranking Bcc at 21 in the state, I was floored despite wishfully thinking it could be true. The bottom line is that it actually could be true but if it turns out that way, it will be by sheer chance or coincidence. You see...because of very tough academic standards and a extremely low boys population (250 or less) at Bcc, the coaching staff over there rarely have a good idea of what kind of team they are going to have until well into mid August. But thanks for keeping us in mind. Once again, most of these bogus rankings are put out based simply upon merit...for example, if a team wins a state title or two and perhaps win a game over a well known opponent,, they will gain enough poker chips to land in the USATODAY or Maxpreps top 25 rankings the next year, despite the possibility that team may have lost half of its kids to graduation or had its coach replaced. The Bcc basketball team won a few state titles and was never ranked by anyone until they went undefeated, thus gaining the required to poker chips for top 25 consideration. Most likely, they will land in somebody's national top 25 rankings this up and coming season but not based upon who they really are...but mostly out of respect. The bottom line is most of these writers who put out these rankings could not find the schools they rank with a apple5 GPS tracker and a carload of SOBER Jedi's. My suggestion to anyone hoping their team is that good to get such a high ranking. Get out and see them pop pads before you hand them a trophy.
WHY DUNBAR WILL JUST KEEP WINNING...
I Think they may require a year to reload after losing its multiple state championship winning ( I lost count...I really did) head coach and a ten year starter in Mr. Crest. However,if you are a overt or closet hater of the Poets AS I AM, you may want to put away the party cake and hats because there is a simple reason why the Poets have won state titles and will not stop winning state titles. They may need time to adjust to 2a level play and recover after losing key players and its coach but take a gander at the cards they work with. They are a city wide school with improving but utter laughable academic standards. Which means they can draw kids from all over the City and County and have them in those special Uni's UnderArmour provided them with in no time. When you combine the sweetheart deal they inked with UA to include brand new wall to wall carpet with lights...not to mention the 5 or 6 different type of uni's that came with the package, what is a young stud to think when a City, Poly, CHC or Gilman comes a knocking. Dunbar also has a bona fide program to boot which includes heavy weight training, good inhouse coaching and a transfer friendly administration that allows them to bring in a game changing kid or two who can turn a season around while you are in the midst of laughing at them. Not that I have done this but I'm just saying. The Poets are not going to shut down its shop do to one kitchen fire. They have a top notch insurance plan and its called a program.
MUST SEE SCRIMMAGES
Dunbar vs anyone....Interesting see how they will look after losing so many key ingredients and kids to transfers.
Edmondon vs Easton....Always interesting to see what happens when city slickers meet the country boys especially when its behind the barn.
City vs Howard...each year, the Lions get harder and harder for the Knights to handle....
Douglass vs Middletown....So interesting, I will make the road trip to see this one.
CHC vs St Johns....just interesting period.
MUST SEE GAMES
ST Frances vs anyone on their schedule....I just hope they don't go overboard and schedule God.
Franklin vs CHC...The cards always pull out the stops vs pub schools.
Mcdonogh vs S.t Benedictines...I will make the trip for this one.
Mcdonogh vs Gilman....WOW...you know its going down..this thing has gotten real personal.....
GAME OF THE YEAR
River Hill vs Howard....Again....WOW....
STATE/MIAA CHAMPION PREDICTIONS
1A. Fort Hill to repeat
2A. Middletown to repeat
3A. River Hill
4A. Old Mill
MIAA-A Gilman over Mcdonogh
MIAA-B St Pauls
* Favorite places to watch games....Fort Hill is tops, bar none...Hereford and Aberdeen are also great places to watch games.
* Favorite teams to watch.....Loyola has such great kids who are very disciplined, hard working and focused on whatever the coach is doing. Just a pleasure to watch them practice or play. North Harford has the brainiest coaches who always get more out of their kids than most coaches. Douglass Coach Towsende is doing great and miraculous things. If he stays put, the Ducks will become the top program in the metro area...yes...I said it...
* The Interview with Eaglesinsider is coming soon. I am having tech issues right now and had to do my report manually without copy or pasting abilities. As soon as I get it fixed, I will submit the interview with our busiest and hardest working poster.
* Shoutouts to all the great Coaches, players, posters and the Jedi's who contributed to this report. Thank you so much.
* Toonface for president...where is this guy anyway.
Edited by agentorange, 17 August 2014 - 11:15 PM.