Steveg85321

Steelers’ Bell and Blount both arrested

10 posts in this topic

Article from NBC Sports site

"Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount both arrested"

I don't wish misfortune on anyone, but this may take a little heat off the Ravens' legal issues, especially from Steeler fans. How stupid does one have to be to be smoking weed driving in a car during training camp?

Edited by Steveg85321

Blount has been a knucklehead for a few years

Edited by Vapored

Pretty damn stupid. Especially to both be in the same car. At least go in different vehicles. The odds that both of you will get caught are much lower.

If they had only been in Colorado or Washington State...

They would still be breaking the law by driving drunk and breaking their employer's rules by smoking pot.

Another nail in the coffin of the myth that the Rooney family won't tolerate players of low character.

Another nail in the coffin of the myth that the Rooney family won't tolerate players of low character.

Steelers organization should impose their own penalties for both players. Anything less destroys credibility when you say we demand higher standards for our own players.

Steelers organization should impose their own penalties for both players. Anything less destroys credibility when you say we demand higher standards for our own players.

I did not hear - did they play this weekend?

On a related topic, I noticed Ray Rice did not play. Wonder what that was about? Again, I did not see all of the game, maybe they explained that Pierce needed the reps.

"I didn't know that you could get a DUI for being high" - Le'Veon Bell

The teams (owners) worked together to build the league's punishment system.  The teams prefer to let the system they spent time working to set up dole out the punishment.  None of them are in a hurry to "self-discipline" their players for off-of-field / out-of-the-facility transgressions.

Argue with the coaches, you'll get punished internally.  Run afoul of the law, and they'll let the league decide. 

Edited by Ravens2006