#1 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

http://www.baltimore...0,2332680.story

OK, now what are they going to do moving forward?

Where will Drew go?

#2 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

WNST is still on the air?

#3 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,854 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Who?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#4 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

I have never listened but after 20 years it seems his business model sucks. If he had ESPN programming (Mike and Mike) I would listen because I have to pick it up from DC 980.

#5 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

I have never listened but after 20 years it seems his business model sucks. If he had ESPN programming (Mike and Mike) I would listen because I have to pick it up from DC 980.

I would rather listen to nails on a chalk board than those two yentas.

Now we know who watches the Super Bowl for the commercials.

#6 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

I would rather listen to nails on a chalk board than those two yentas.

Now we know who watches the Super Bowl for the commercials.

I listen for the great guest.

Watching the Super Bowl for the ads is like reading Penthouse for the "articles".  Nothing wrong with that! Lots of great ideas come from reading...

#7 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I listen for the great guest.
Watching the Super Bowl for the ads is like reading Penthouse for the "articles".  Nothing wrong with that! Lots of great ideas come from reading...

Great guests, ruined by the corporate shill, milquetoast hosts.

#8 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

I stopped listening to WNST many years ago. Nestor is the biggest egomaniac I have ever listened to. I couldn't take it anymore. He had the world by it's throat when he began, only to lose everything because he is an A-hole. Looks like he's just made 6 or 7 more long term enemies.

#9 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

I stopped listening to WNST many years ago. Nestor is the biggest egomaniac I have ever listened to. I couldn't take it anymore. He had the world by it's throat when he began, only to lose everything because he is an A-hole. Looks like he's just made 6 or 7 more long term enemies.

Sounds like Nestor is the Jerry Jones of broadcasting and needs to fire himself.

#10 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

ravensgrrl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

haha. if you're ever feeling low and want a laugh, ck nestor's fb page. I have never seen someone so in love with themselves. it's cartoonish.

it's all about his pickle

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,529 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

There is no doubt that Nestor is an egomaniac and considers himself a bit of a celebrity. One of WNST's biggest problems is credibility. They blow smoke up the Raven's organization big time and denigrate the Orioles at every chance they can. A big part of that stems from a feud between Nestor and Angelos. No doubt Angelos doesn't take criticism very well and when Nestor criticized him quite fairly years ago, he took it personally and began targeting Nestor and his station. Since then WNST has taken every shot at the Orioles that they can. (Remember the Free the Birds campaign) The ironic thing is that Nestor appears to be running his station about the same way that Angelos has run the Orioles. That's his prerogative, it is his station. But it really isn't a good business model. His station has a weak signal, and his on-air talent is really not all that great. Nestor himself was entertaining when he was on regularly, but mainly because you could laugh at his self-centered approach to things. He is entertaining in some ways, but after a while it gets old. If he really wants to run an all sports channel that has legitimacy, he needs to lose the local homer ties and start discussing sports on a national basis without bias.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#12 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Sounds like Nestor is the Jerry Jones of broadcasting and needs to fire himself.

This is form Deadspin, and hilarious.

Mike Golic: God, he sucks. Someone from Notre Dame could invent flight boots and it still wouldn't make up for sending Mike Golic out into the world. Mike Golic is ESPN's way of presenting sports as an "According to Jim" episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users